Just updated my portfolio website, would love some feedback!

dannysnelson

www.dannysnelson.com

I recently completely updated my portfolio website with a new design (through Squarespace) and uploaded new work. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to look over my work and can offer constructive feedback!

hey i dont mind it, very simple and clean. good colors

biggest drawbacks for me at the moment being heavily picky:

i think your missing a few images at the bottom, big whitespace -> but only noticeable on large screens as its responsive
using images like that on the homepage slow load times -> are you using compressed images etc / gzip?

apart from that as a portfolio site thumbs up looks good

Hi Danny, you definitely have talent for design and illustration.

Your portfolio is pretty straightforward like nearly all Squarespace templates - clean and tidy!

Your 'About Me' page is neatly structured, however why do you feel your age is important?

And interesting brand colour.

hey i dont mind it, very simple and clean. good colors

biggest drawbacks for me at the moment being heavily picky:

i think your missing a few images at the bottom, big whitespace -> but only noticeable on large screens as its responsive
using images like that on the homepage slow load times -> are you using compressed images etc / gzip?

apart from that as a portfolio site thumbs up looks good

Thanks for the taking the time to look at it. Good point with the whitespace, I only worked on it on my Macbook Pro so I'm not too aware on how it'd look on bigger screens. I guess it encourages me to produce more work to fill up the whitespace!

Hi Danny, you definitely have talent for design and illustration.

Your portfolio is pretty straightforward like nearly all Squarespace templates - clean and tidy!

Your 'About Me' page is neatly structured, however why do you feel your age is important?

And interesting brand colour.

Thanks for your great comments. I'm not too sure why I put my age, I think I'll remove it on the off chance that an employer is ageist haha. I figured pink as a self branding colour for a guy was pretty rare, one way to stand out I guess!

Back