[Job Interview] Not heard anything in nearly 2 weeks after follow up response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcgravy

Hi there!

I had an interview with a printing company in London (31st May) and I felt it went positive and I was satisfied how things went. The interviewer asked me if I was interested in coming in for a day or two to see if I was up for the role after explaining someone who had the position previously didn't have enough experience in indesign. He said he wouldn't go into the details of printers, etc. (referring to one of my questions about the company) because they would explain it during the time they would invite me in. So, after 2 weeks of not hearing anything I sent them a follow up email saying 'thank you' and 'still very much interested in the position', etc. They responded back an hour later saying that they would 'sit down next week so will be in touch about coming in for a day or two'.

It will be 2 weeks on Friday since their positive response to my follow up email. I still haven't heard anything yet and I am genuinely interested in the position (after working too long in retail). Should I email a second follow up on Friday or hold out another week to give them more time? Or shall I accept that I have done all I can and trust they will (or will not) get back to me?

I'd just send them a polite email again, no harm really and the worst they can do is confirm your fears. Sounds like they might just be busy. If you have little to no experience you may actually be a bit of a hinderance, so they could be waiting until it's quieter and they can dedicate some time to you.

I'd just send them a polite email again, no harm really and the worst they can do is confirm your fears. Sounds like they might just be busy. If you have little to no experience you may actually be a bit of a hinderance, so they could be waiting until it's quieter and they can dedicate some time to you.
Yeah, when I start thinking too much about it it's hard to not think about ifs, buts and maybes. I'll send them a brief follow up email in the following days. I guess applying to other roles in the meantime will help me get my mind off it ;P

Thanks for the advice, Paul. Much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back