is this normal for html5 + ie9?

DaveGears86

I've been playing around with a html5 template so I can break down the code and see how it works (begin to learn it)

Home - Home Page | Design Company - Free Website Template from Templatemonster.com

However, when I preview the template in ie9 the text at the top of the website (nav text) does not display at all (If you use safari/fox/chrome/ie8/ie7 you will see the nav text in the top right and generic text beside it to the left. But in ie9 this disappears and does not show up at all)

How can I fix this? and why does this happen (is it because ie9 is just not capable?)

thanks

I found the solution to this problem (not that anyone cares, but it might be useful to keep in mind incase somebody has this same problem in the future) -

The problem was that there was a .js file that contained outdated script - this .js file helps the chosen font to work, the remedy was that this .js file needed updating to the latest release of code

cufón - fonts for the people

oooh boyo! I would be more concerned about how the page is loading.. clear your cache then reload the page,. I seen a page with no CSS to begin with then the page eventually loaded (i have 100meg connection - took 2 seconds to load .. might be your server, might be some other stuff. i shouldnt be concerned with it as a normal joe but as a website designer, i see flaws to the hilt man! Design fromt he ground up - dont take stuff from other people and expect it to perform in your environment...

Design is design - use what you like - you say you develope? Do you? Developing a site is from scratch with no premade anything.. I would like to think you are developing but the title of your link tells me something completely different man.
It says

Home - Home Page | Design Company - Free Website Template from Templatemonster.com

you get me ?

Your page title also hase Special HTML amrkup so this says to me your using a CMS of some sort (i make CMS's from scratch so i see this often when people use my CMS's)

you realy shouldnt be claiming to make CMS if you dont - not for anything more than when if someone asks you to make a bespoke one and you have to make some shitty wordpress knock up.. if you get my drift

Last edited:
Design is design - use what you like - you say you develope? Do you? Developing a site is from scratch with no premade anything.. I would like to think you are developing but the title of your page tells me something completely different man.
It says

you get me ?

No,

I never said it was something I was "developing" - it was uploaded to show the error and ask how it is rectified/why it is not working
After I found the error it was taken down ...4 months ago infact

maybe read the posts properly next time, eh bud? ...you get me

Your page title also hase Special HTML amrkup so this says to me your using a CMS of some sort (i make CMS's from scratch so i see this often when people use my CMS's)

you realy shouldnt be claiming to make CMS if you dont - not for anything more than when if someone asks you to make a bespoke one and you have to make some shitty wordpress knock up.. if you get my drift

Don't use any CMS ..and I've never claimed to make CMS ...

Back