Is it better to Create Best Content or focus on Backlinking?

themodeldesign

Hi,
I was just wondering how long will it take before my website takes off? Is it better to Create Best Content or focus on Backlinking?

What question does your website answer?

It needs to be informative, interesting and add value. It should be authoritative and trustworthy. It should have citations, referrals and reviews.

It’s not best content or backlinks. It’s about relevance to the search query.

Backlinks are important and do help you rank. But content works across all channels from PPC to SEO, media coverage, and referral traffic.Good content can also lead to backlinks. If you have to choose between the two, I’d go with content.

Yes, @netsol is right. Good content can also lead to backlinks. Also, I want to note that it is dangerous to only focus on backlinks. Let's say you manage to gather a good number of them but your actual website does not have the proper content/quality to keep the visitors. You will have a big bounce rate which in turn will result in you being downranked.

I think the ratio should be 70% quality content / 30% promotion. A good tip is to share your new blog posts on social media when you create them. If you see that people are responsive to that content, you can promote it a bit on that social media platform

Back