Inspiration and ideas needed

JMD

Hi everyone,

I have been asked by a friend to set-up and design a forum for graphics such as tutorials , resources for software etc etc. I just have no idea what colours to use. All the owner said was something nice and light. I was thinking about plain white with touches of colours like neon baby blue and some other bright colours, but i really have no idea where to start, any help gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Jake

Mate. First and foremost. Asking for peoples ideas and inspiration isn't really the route to go down.

If you lack Ideas and the ability to be inspired then your in the wrong game fella.

All I will say is White a blue are clinical. If you wanna do a forum for a hospital then use those colours.

Try typing colour wheel generator into Google. You'll find some online colour wheels that generate pallets of colours to work with.

Good Luck!:icon_wink:

Hi everyone,

I have been asked by a friend to set-up and design a forum for graphics such as tutorials , resources for software etc etc. I just have no idea what colours to use. All the owner said was something nice and light. I was thinking about plain white with touches of colours like neon baby blue and some other bright colours, but i really have no idea where to start, any help gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Jake

Tell the owner not to bother, they aren't going to beat this forum:icon_tongue_smilie:
Send him/her over here to join in and post their links to tutorials!

Hi everyone,

Regards

Jake

...cooor another one :icon_eek:

maybe look at aiming towards students? Less business like?? just a thought

Pauline

Hi Jake,

As dot design suggested, it seems a little odd that you would post on a graphic design forum questions about how to set up the look and feel for another graphic design forum? Anyways, try to keep it simple, not to many colours... less is more etc.

Warren

Back