Images different in different editors

rkimber

I have recently migrated from Linux to Windows 10, and have encountered a problem that I've not seen under Linux, and would appreciate some help with it.

When I create an image in Gimp 2.10 to my satisfaction, if I display the same file in other Windows programs (e.g. Paintshop Pro, or some other image processing program) it looks much darker.

Is there some Windows or Gimp option I need to set in order to have iamges look the same in all the editors I use?

Basically, my problem is that if I were to send it away to be printed professionally, how would I know whether the print would correspond to the dark version or the light version?

- Richard.

sounds like they're using a different colour profile/calibration but other than that can't really help much as I don't use gimp.

Windows 10 one can be found by typing colour management in search and clicking the link.

sounds like they're using a different colour profile/calibration but other than that can't really help much as I don't use gimp.

Windows 10 one can be found by typing colour management in search and clicking the link.
Yes, that's what I thought, and I have played around with various settings, to no avail. But I'll keep trying. If I find a solution I'll report back.

Back