Illustrator file getting distorted on InDesign

graphixtion

Hi,
I working on a project and using illustrator files as a smart object in InDesign. But sudden I noticed that the preview getting distorted in InDesign. The distorted structure/style also changing when I zoom in or out... I exported the file as a PDF and there are same problem!
Can anyone tell me why this is happening and to fix/solve the issue!? Does it affect the print also!?

I attached a few screenshot of the file...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 7
No idea what distortion you're talking about.
Illustrator and InDesign don't have Smart Objects, so not sure what you're talking about there either.

If it's that line - it's probably due to transparency in the Illustrator file.
Why do you have any transparency if it's there remove it - it's not needed.

A little more info on your workflow and how you're getting the images from Illustrator to InDesign would be helpful too.

Look forward to your response.

Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply!

Actually I have imported the Ai file to InDesign. Everything in the screenshot are illustration. I am using InDesign for formation only... and that's what I meant!
Sorry! it should be placeholder, not Smart object.
I am working on a planner for my client... I attached a few screenshot of the full view... of the Illustration and InDesign files...

And I didn't use any transparency in illustrator file! Or, not sure what transparency you are talking about!

Thanks again for being with me

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 3
It's 3.45 am and I'm not sleeping with this heat! And I am refusing to startup my work computer, I'll start at 7.00 am and have a few urgent requests to deal with. Should be freed up by lunch time.

I can't replicate the issue.

You could try these things

If a document is not behaving well then try

File>Export

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.

--------------------

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

-------------------

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

I have no idea why I got so interested in this thread, but now I would really like to know if the issue was solved. (and I surely hope it was!)

I can't replicate the issue.

You could try these things

If a document is not behaving well then try

File>Export

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.

--------------------

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

-------------------

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
I have tried all the 3 options you asked for... But sorry, it still remains the same :(

One more thing I want to share is that it got okay only when 125% Zoom!

Thank yo so much that you are trying to solve the issue

Back