Illustrator cut & paste

the design shop

Is there a way to isolate an object or group of objects, in illustrator (hopefully by selecting it) and simply save it as a jpg or other format for easy placement into another application, not adobe, in my case rapid weaver
I mean, Like copy /paste between illustrator files, only to the desktop as a jpeg . I am acheiving a form of this using screen shots or screengrabs but this is very limiting. please help

I don't think there is specifically an "export selected" function in Illy.

I would thinnk the easiest might be to just copy and paste the item you want into a new doc and export from there

Last edited:
i have found the crop tool isolates a portion of the screen and then it can be saved as a .png but I am having trouble with the resolution of the Images, can anyone help with making the image clearer. its looking like screen grab pics are hard to beat. (wierd)

i have found the crop tool isolates a portion of the screen and then it can be saved as a .png but I am having trouble with the resolution of the Images, can anyone help with making the image clearer. its looking like screen grab pics are hard to beat. (wierd)

That is...strange to say the least.

Are you saving for web & devices or Exporting? if you Export as a png you get the option to save as 300dpi / high quality kinda thing

Back