i love my imac haha

I see my mac as a work tool - for earning money!
I see my pc as a general tool - for the family to surf and play games on.

I think there is space for all and each should respect the others choice.
I got the mac because I find it much easier to use for my design work - which makes me more productive and profitable.

I see my mac as a work tool - for earning money!
I see my pc as a general tool - for the family to surf and play games on.

I got the mac because I find it much easier to use for my design work - which makes me more productive and profitable.

Ahh fair enough I do respect the people who accutally need macs for work

I just cant stand the little kids going on about there parents got them this and this and im sitting but
everything you have on a mac is on a pc bar well final cut lol
and the ad war which is going on between both of them is redicilious.

I just dislike the way Apple advertise there mac stuff as COMPLETE NEW quite annoying like the new OS 10.6 snow leopard is just a service pack is a bit of a branding thing paying 50quid for a service pack isnt on but I thats just my opinion :icon_smile:

I'd have far more respect for Mac users if they could justify and/or prove why Macs are better than PCs.

The debate rages because they are still yet to prove it. :icon_wink:

I'd have far more respect for Mac users if they could justify and/or prove why Macs are better than PCs.

The debate rages because they are still yet to prove it. :icon_wink:

the debate does rage I agree like saying all Windows can do is spreadsheets is stupid
I can also play crysis without boot camp
Photoshop etc lol

but I give Mac least there pre built computers dont break
It seems dell love ripping people off (thats not windows so shouldnt diss it for other companies over pricing)

The G4 Mac I have is pants! It takes 20 seconds to open a tiny 20Kb .txt document and it's forever locking up, requiring reboots.

I can work so much faster on a PC and it never fails me.

Dell are expensive, granted, but their components are generally rock solid and I've never known one to fail or go wrong (I've installed/admin'd over 24 of them in corporate/field environments) over the years.

The G4 Mac I have is pants! It takes 20 seconds to open a tiny 20Kb .txt document and it's forever locking up, requiring reboots.

I can work so much faster on a PC and it never fails me.

Dell are expensive, granted, but their components are generally rock solid and I've never known one to fail or go wrong (I've installed/admin'd over 24 of them in corporate/field environments) over the years.

I promised myself id never buy another pre built pc because dell took out my agb slot out of my last pc and it just fails :(

but the pc i built is just great no problems :D

I've had my iMac for almost a year and I am STILL the happiest girl in the world :icon_lol:

It runs like a dream and looks beautiful. It's simply divine :icon_notworthy:

I see this debate will never end...good!

I've not seen a single BSOD since Win98 days.
No, it's most definitely user fault.
:icon_smile:

Mmmm I won't mention Vista then. I never had problem's with 98.

Pixels Ink said:
Mac users go on about MS brainwashing Windows users, I think they need to look more closely at themselves and Steve Jobs

To be very honest I don't have a clue about who Steve Jobs is and think iPod's are extremely overrated (sound quality is appalling compared to my now older Cowon D2). I just want to use something that is capable of running the things I use.

Long-ago I built PC's before I went MAC. I enjoyed it, in the 2000, 98 and XP days (I wont mention ME again). I loved programming for the old BBC computer's when I was very young and had great fun with the Spectrum and Amiga! But this is now an age where I need to move on and Mac was my next step for handling multiple apps. But I believe both have their place in the market for sure.

I now understand that it's not PC's I'm angry at but more to do with Microsoft. I'm confused at why they would create software that has so many flaws? How many Gigabyte's of service packs are needed? I understand nothing is perfect. Macs are expensive and compatibility can be an issue (Snow Leopard looks interesting tho). PC's are more widely used and have better compatibility (strange how Microsoft no longer supporting Mac in many apps) but they are also more susceptible to virus' etc and clueless users. I have friends who adore LINUX for security, but as of yet, there is a software issue.

So nothing is perfect! There probably never will be... but... competition with rivals mean's more choice for us users.
:icon_hug:

Well I had and used pcs from the days when 8mb ram was considered a massive amount to complement the absolutely HUGE 80mb HDD! I've used macs since os 8.

These days I just use the Mac & OS X. My preference for OS X is for several reasons,

I got tired of the virus, mal/spyware issues on the windows platform, I also got fed up with people asking me to "have a look at my computer, it's running slow" requests. Then there were all the have you got a copy of this and that, missing.dll, interrupt requests, paperclips, blue screens, driver clashes, missing drivers etc.

While my experience of the mac platform omits most of the above.

I'm not saying one's better than the other, but everyone will have their own reasons for preferring which ever platform they use.

As an aside, I have found that macs hold a much higher resale value than pcs.

my tuppance for what it's worth:icon_biggrin:

Well I had and used pcs from the days when 8mb ram was considered a massive amount to complement the absolutely HUGE 80mb HDD! I've used macs since os 8.

These days I just use the Mac & OS X. My preference for OS X is for several reasons,

I got tired of the virus, mal/spyware issues on the windows platform, I also got fed up with people asking me to "have a look at my computer, it's running slow" requests. Then there were all the have you got a copy of this and that, missing.dll, interrupt requests, paperclips, blue screens, driver clashes, missing drivers etc.

While my experience of the mac platform omits most of the above.

I'm not saying one's better than the other, but everyone will have their own reasons for preferring which ever platform they use.

As an aside, I have found that macs hold a much higher resale value than pcs.

my tuppance for what it's worth:icon_biggrin:

its mainly higher resale because theres only one brand of an apple mac but theres like 100's of different aspects for the pc such as different sounds cards graphics cards etc and pc's usually have alot more upgrades but thats not the platform windows is the os :)

I must say im quite pleased with the iMac i work on at work, so much im going to buy one myself for personal and freelance work. I also use a PC a fair bit as i find this better for web design, although i think this is personal preference.
Macs are awesome!

Back