i ideas for a graphic design brief i was given

giraffe

I was given the following brief to understand certain aspects of graphic
design but i'm extremely confused. Please read and give me some ideas I
should consider, if you have the time.

Please download the brief at .. Download work.tif from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

http://fs06n4.sendspace.com/dl/9838689eea828c6c01fad457916acb2f/4b09b30e4ab4888f/pvms7j/work.tif

view brief tif file http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7339/workb.png

zoom in to read the brief if you're not able to download it..

any help will be appreciated.

That's a bloody terrible brief. Really badly written, full of typos and spelling mistakes, and full of the worst kind of pretentious gobbledegook. What they basically want you to do as far as I can tell is to convey a feeling or emotion just using type, in any media you like.

Briefs are called 'briefs' for a reason. They'd get hauled over the coals if they tried to present that to a creative in any agency in the country.

What college do you go to?

What is 'your photogram'? Some how they want to to use it? I seem to remember a photograpm being a image made directly onto a peice of photographic paper using found bits (lace, leaves etc.) Have you made one?

Brief is as Spark says pretentious rubbish!

What is 'your photogram'? Some how they want to to use it? I seem to remember a photograpm being a image made directly onto a peice of photographic paper using found bits (lace, leaves etc.) Have you made one?

Brief is as Spark says pretentious rubbish!

it has to be a photogram which emotionally conveys an inspiration or message. Taking into consideration, communication design, hierachy, space and order?

bare in mind that the images on the photogram can not be manipulated on photoshop (only resized).

findinding a single message with the use of a photogram with only the use of objects and typography which cant be shopped is quite difficult.

i was thinking about doing something on safe sex with the use of a condom on the photogram, but that seems a bit risque as I'm the only guy having to present my idea to a group of girls.

I would get a start on this by researching as much typographical print related material as possible, billboard posters and controversial advertisements. Also the emotional response of the human psyche to advertising.

Try looking up the 'United Colors of Benetton Campaign'. They had a controversial poster advertisement using condoms which was unrelated to the product they were selling which were clothes!

I think some good brainstorming, sketches and research is vital for producing a good piece, especially in this case.

All the best with it,

Jamster.

What do they mean by a 'photogram'? I think someone's got their terms mixed up. Do they mean a photo montage? Or just a photograph with words next to it? Which is, basically, a photograph. The condom idea could work, but for me, it's not really about emotion - it's a message about safe sex. The way I read the brief, they're looking for a word like 'happy' done in such a way as to convey the meaning of the word. The clunky, rubbish way to do it would be putting 'love' with hearts all round it.

here's a couple of examples - not exactly right, but you get the idea.

http://dailydesignfix.com/2008/10/08/typography-with-emotion/

Last edited:
Back