How to implement AS3 click tag - Flash Banner

@GCarlD

Hi All,

I have (re)created a 10 second animated banner ad in Flash but I need it to be 'clickable' to send the user to a specific website. Therefore I also need to be able to input the link to that website somewhere. The company which the banner is to be featured has recommended using a 'Standard AS3 click tag.'

This must be a simple thing to do but I have little idea how to do it. I haven't used Flash in over 10 years and I just about remember the basics.

Also, can this be done using the exported SWF file of the banner? As I created a slighted shorter version and somehow accidentally overwrote the original file FLA file (school boy error I know) *Insert Face Palm Smiley*

I would like to use the full 10 sec version that I have as a SWF file, if possible. If not, I will have to 'redo' what I 'undid,' which is do-able but an unwelcome nuisance.

Would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.

Thank you very much.

Its an Action Script 3 tag. I did a Google search before making this thread and I have seen that website but when I see code like that, my hands start to shake... I have no idea what to do with it or where to input it.

I found a youtube video about it and I understood everything up to the point where a bunch of code appeared on the screen. It may as well all been in Chinese at that point.

I usually just put an invisible rectangle over the whole lot and add a hyperlink

Lets give this a try, I've got my invisible rectangle, now where do I go to add a hyperlink?

I'm just about it give up on the AS3 tag, I thought I had done it as the banner seemed clickable when the mouse hovered over it, but I have not done it correctly after all.

Yeh just add a hyperlink, been a while myself, and not a flash expert, but hopefully my limited experience is some use.

After more research I have had a final attempt at the AS3 Tag and I have also provided the company with a hyperlinked version to which I set the URL myself and also a static version as a jpeg if all else fails.

I bet this AS3 malarky is so simple when you know what you are doing! lol.

Back