How do I print keyring inserts on both sides of the paper?

Earlyant

Hi all,

I need to print keyring images/inserts in the same position on both sides of the paper so that the image is shown on both sides of the keyring.

I haven't had any success using a duplex printer so far, Canon Pixma MP640, as when the printer prints on the other side the images are on different parts of the page than the first side.

Or when I've printed an image on the centre of the first side, it is not in the centre when I print on the other side.

Do I need to use a special program to be able to do this? As, I can't seem to do it using Powerpoint.

Powerpoint doesn't have an A4 format - it could be that. It is primarily a programme for making presentations to be shown on screen and that is the shape of the page. If you are printing onto A4 that will be your problem, Use Publisher (ugh!) or Serif Page Plus or Indesign or Quark and set your page to the right size for your paper.

Hope that helps

Kate

Powerpoint doesn't have an A4 format - it could be that. It is primarily a programme for making presentations to be shown on screen and that is the shape of the page. If you are printing onto A4 that will be your problem, Use Publisher (ugh!) or Serif Page Plus or Indesign or Quark and set your page to the right size for your paper.

Hope that helps

Kate

Thanks for the reply, Kate.

But, will those programs have the option of printing the image 'back to back' so as the image is shown on both sides of the keyring?

Try setting up the canvas/print area so that it is twice the width or twice the height and put the front and back content side by side. Print this and then cut or fold it in half.

I'll give Corel a go. Thanks.

Any free programs out there to try that could do it and save me from doing this... :icon_Wall:??? And, wasting loads of ink.

Folding it in half could work, but that would mean I would have to use standard paper so that it would fit in the keyring plus the print quality would not be as good as card.

Last edited:
Try setting up the canvas/print area so that it is twice the width or twice the height and put the front and back content side by side. Print this and then cut or fold it in half.

That's exactly what I did and it works a treat.

Back