How can I start my graphic design business

Asad

I have nine years advertising agency life experience...now I want to start my own designing business..
Can some one help me how can I start ?
Thanks

Sorry, this was my fault for being smart alec at the start.

We appreciate everyone is at a different level, and I will try to improve my initial responses to help out.

Sorry, this was my fault for being smart alec at the start.

We appreciate everyone is at a different level, and I will try to improve my initial responses to help out.
To be fair it was a bit of a generic original post and without information like country etc all you can do is suggest the 'obvious', every country has different rules over how you can go about starting a business etc.

And the OP hasn't actually been back, at least while signed in, since the original post either so...

True, it was a very generic question. And someone with a background in advertising and wants to start a design business, I thought it was to have a design business around advertising...

To start your own designing business, you'll need 4 main things:

1. You need to own a website
  2. Then offer a discounted designs for companies
  3. Now, post them as your portfolio jobs
  4. No you are ready to get high paid clients

To start your own designing business, you'll need 4 main things:

1. You need to own a website
  2. Then offer a discounted designs for companies
  3. Now, post them as your portfolio jobs
  4. No you are ready to get high paid clients
No to all 4

You don't need a web presence - but can be helpful - you could have social media, facebook, twitter, snapchat etc. either
Discounted for companies means they'll haunt you for cheap designs and you can never raised your price.
Instead - do pro-bono work for Charities and build up your portfolio.
Once you have a stead-fast client base of pro-bono work you can approach companies and get the the correct money for real work.

I feel that before you start any business you need to get a handle on what you are going to charge and what are your bills going to look like. You need to think about these things as a business owner, overhead, lighting, supplies, taxes, etc. Once you know how much it will cost you to "run" your business, then you can decide how much you "need" to charge. You also need to put into place payment terms and conditions. All of this has to happen before you advertise for even one client.

Back