How can I make a menu inside an iframe influence information outside the iframe?

Using Dreamweaver, I've created a menu called menu.html in an iframe which is in turn in a parent document called index.html. However, when I click on any item within the menu, I'm only able to influence the document inside and not outside the iframe. I'm unable to achieve interaction between menu.html and index.ht. Can anyone help with a simple set of instructions?

Agreed ^

Using Dreamweaver, I've created a menu called menu.html in an iframe which is in turn in a parent document called index.html. However, when I click on any item within the menu, I'm only able to influence the document inside and not outside the iframe. I'm unable to achieve interaction between menu.html and index.ht. Can anyone help with a simple set of instructions?

Look into PHP includes. This will allow you create a single file (menu.php) that you can link to throughout your site. When you update menu.php, the menu will update across the site.

You'll need to have PHP running for it to work though, but you can replicate a PHP server on your machine for testing with XAMMP (Windows) or MAMP (Mac).

Back