Honest Feedback

Dan from Visions

Designing for yourself is always difficult...

After ten years we decided to rebrand and redevelop the website.

I've had both positive and negative feedback.

We are BOLD < UNIQUE < CREATIVE and therefore want to attract this particular audience.

I won't share the feedback I have had previously so I can get some genuine honest feedback.

Please check it out - visionsdesign.co.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:

sprout

Honestly, for a company that is bold unique and creative, it looks remarkably like a thousand other template sites out there. It certainly doesn’t say original.

Levi

Staff member
Ok first impressions...
  • video doesn't work, most browsers now stop auto running video's as well
  • the first thing I see on your site is a black bar with 2 icons and a big expanse of white nothingness... until I move my mouse and get the 'pointer'
  • big blob in middle of white screen that is the pointer... ugly and doesn't follow standard convention of an arrow...really don't like this
  • my browser plugins are blocking 8-10 items and 8-10 trackers.... now some of them I can understand the use of but I'm a huge fan of 'blocking trackers' so the less the better on websites imo.
  • most people skim text and the first 'visual' representation of your business I see is about cakes....
  • it feels too 'big'.... honestly feels like you designed it around mobile phones/tablets and forgot about desktops because scaling it to mobile/ipad size seems 'ok'
  • don't like the choice of font, it's just not nice to read
  • apart from being 'black and white' it's anything but bold, unique and creative if I'm being honest.... and sprout is right it does have a 'template' feel about it.
  • I really don't like menu either and it disappears, leaving a big black bar I can't do anything with as I scroll down....
  • did I say I REALLY hate that black blob for a pointer you've added....
  • you might want to check out your 'websites you've done' in google searches too... nada architects has some japanese as their description

Wardy

Wow! That's really not nice to look at on a desktop. Everything Levi says really. Too big, too 'Flashy', too black and white. I don't like to be shouted at.

Naby

Honestly, I got tired going thru the website. It's too much "in your face". The hierarchy is all over the place, I don't know where to look at. Some of the texts over the images are unreadable, I would've add a black background overlay on the top of each image to make the white text more readable. The "Get Started" button doesn't seems like a button. (no hover effects). There are a lot of things wrong in this website.