Here goes...

todays input (rough around the edges but in terms of a idea).

Attachments

• des9.jpg
    des9.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 10
  • des8.jpg
    des8.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DES10.jpg
    DES10.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 9
Getting closer with the latest set of designs, but not nailed yet. I like the simplicity of they yellow milk bottle, but you don't really want the B/M there, unless you're going to write it in full somewhere next to it. Then that'll take away from the simplicity.

The yellow uddered thing looks cool. Not sure if that was your plan but the udders look like the bottom ends of milk bottles with those shine marks, which works pretty well. I'd say they are are best so far.

Have an attempt at the banana with the straw that sounds interesting, latest attempt to me looks like the fresh orange juice left by the milkman !

Dont like it personally looks like a balloon if your going with the udders try make them look more like bottles like Arrivals mentioned.

The banana with the straw, yellow cows, udders on the banana, udders on the typography, CMYK coloured milk bottles depending if your strictly print, yellow spill of milk, udders could become pencils etc...
Try brainstorming again if its not working.
Personally i would try and be a bit more creative, you have got a slightly unusual name for a studio so push the boundaries a little...
Screen shot 2012-02-27 at 18.06.24.jpg
Screen shot 2012-02-27 at 18.09.58.jpg

Last edited:
You could also look into Milk Bottle lids? They've got quite a nice aesthetic.

Like I said, that first udder one was working for me, but now that Dave mentioned condoms, that's all I see too. I think it would work if you formed the udders into bottle shapes.

An issue you have with the carton design is that it could end up being very similar to the Design Milk logo (a very well established design blog).

Screenshot2012-02-27at214732.png

What about looking more towards the banana?... perhaps a banana peel or a cow print banana?.. Although, using a banana, you'd have to be careful not to end up with an Andy Warhol replica.

ok taking everything on board I cam up with this. I didnt want to do the obv banana or cow, to avoid cartoon aesthetics. So I looked deeper into the design of a cow i.e skeleton. I then made the horns out of bananas, and outlined it to make a versatile icon. I know its rough round the edges and I will polish it up if approved. What do we think?

Attachments

• des16.jpg
    des16.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 13
I would say you are reading way too much into this. Keep it simple and go for a typographic approach or literal approach, use a banana. The icon approaches you are taking won't be understood by those you haven't explained the concept to.

Problem: You can't show the milk aspect of the name without a bottle / carton and the bottle deviates from the message since you aren't called bottled milk...etc. Solution: Try using the simple and instantly recognisable shape of a banana with the word milk written inside it in a nice typographical treatment, in white of course!

If you combined with a minimal yellow and white brand approach this could look quite nice. There's probably not going to be any application where you would use just the logo without the name and if you did the shape is suggestive enough to work even without colour. If you want further help with this get in touch, [email protected]

Cheers and good luck. Brett

Last edited:
ok taking everything on board I cam up with this. I didnt want to do the obv banana or cow, to avoid cartoon aesthetics. So I looked deeper into the design of a cow i.e skeleton. I then made the horns out of bananas, and outlined it to make a versatile icon. I know its rough round the edges and I will polish it up if approved. What do we think?

I'm not liking this version of the logo to be honest, I would go back to the drawing board, onesidezero has some really good advice there. This could also look like a sheep skull, or any other kind of animal skull, and a skull isn't associated with the milk part of the cow. I wouldn't agree that the carton is the only way of representing milk, there's always white splashy/udder images you can use, but definitely explore anything that comes to mind :D

Back