Help me to choose the best graphics card for designing.

mariah

Hi! my name is Mariah. I am a graphics designer and do this job for a living. I am doing designing for over 6 years now. I make logos and try to win contests. I have several websites with which I offer designing with an affordable price. During all these years I have never came across a lag during one of my work. I use photoshop for very long and never it had been this laggy before. It also sometimes auto crashes and yes it does not save my file. I was devastated one day as I was almost done with my logo and suddenly it crashed. One of my colleague said that it might have occurred due to my graphics card which to her it seemed damaged. I was using it for designing and it worked pretty well all these years. Let me first tell you guys my config. I use core I 3 with 8 gb ram and 500 gb HDD. Also I use 2 gb AMD Radon graphics card which probably is not working any good. I am not sure about that either. I have checked all other option and my HDD is also new so there cannot be a problem with my HDD. Let me also inform you fully my problem. So I also felt some lagging using my brush. I regret it so much that I changed my mouse for it as I though it was my mouse that was faulty. I even bought a more high sensitive mouse for that without any reason, which costed me a lot of money. With the new mouse I had the same problem going on. I do not understand why my graphics driver is running smoothly but it is not supporting any software. I did not experience this ever in my life. I even uninstalled my graphics driver and see what happened, there was no difference and that is how I got sure that my graphics card is dead. I am now using my build in graphics and I cannot do a simple job with it. Please suggest me some good graphics card for editing and designing and also which are not that high of a price. I also ran my pc with 4 gb ram i stead of 8 gb, it seemed a little more slower to me so I guess that my ram was also fine. I have so much work to do and I have deadlines but there is nothing that I can do now without a graphics card which I do not even know how much will cost me. With all these I also have to know about good monitors which will show me the exact colour and also has to be HD. I heard that Asus is making some amazing monitors which is true HD and also has 4k resolution. I want to know what other designers use to make such amazing and perfect art. Please also suggest me a good 4k monitor.

If someone wants to break that up into paragraphs I might be able to help but it's too early on a Sunday for me to try reading that block of text....

During all these years I have never came across a lag during one of my work. I use photoshop for very long and never it had been this laggy before.

It also sometimes auto crashes and yes it does not save my file. I was devastated one day as I was almost done with my logo and suddenly it crashed.

Should save more often and also should really be using illustrator for logos ....
You could also contact Adobe support if it's constantly crashing, this is what you pay them for.

One of my colleague said that it might have occurred due to my graphics card which to her it seemed damaged.

I was using it for designing and it worked pretty well all these years.

Let me first tell you guys my config.

I use core I 3 with 8 gb ram and 500 gb HDD. Also I use 2 gb AMD Radon graphics card which probably is not working any good. I am not sure about that either. I have checked all other option and my HDD is also new so there cannot be a problem with my HDD.

No idea what i3 you're using, they've been around for nearly 10 years now so it's entirely possible that yours is just not strong enough anymore, software has become a lot more bloated these days.

New hard drive can be faulty and in all honesty most people would be using ssd due to how slow a hard drive is these days. Hard drive could be part of the reason for lag, as would 8GB of ram, I wouldn't personally use less than 16GB these days. GPU only has 2GB memory, depending on setup this could be taking from main ram too and in all honesty I wouldn't want just 2GB in a gpu either.

I do not understand why my graphics driver is running smoothly but it is not supporting any software.

I did not experience this ever in my life. I even uninstalled my graphics driver and see what happened, there was no difference and that is how I got sure that my graphics card is dead.
Nvidia/AMD have stopped supporting old hardware so drivers might not be fully supported in OS (no mention of OS, so OS might not even be supported anymore).

Honestly I wouldn't like to suggest a new gpu because in all honesty I have a feeling the entire machine needs updating to newer hardware, your current set up isn't strong enough for 4k that's for sure. So you'd need to put down budget in a £'s.

Last edited:
Back