Help guys - advice needed for interview

shazi

Hey everyone

Just landed a interview with a design agency....tomorrow :-s

Any advice on what I need to do to prepare??

Shaz

Have you already had your interview?
Briefly, you need to go through the job description and think of a relevant example to explain how you can do that part of the job. It's no good saying 'I'm a team player,' you may as well say 'I'm a Paratrooper,' you need to give a valid example, so think of a time when you drove the team forward, or added something unexpected to the project.

Use that example for all aspects of the job description.

Take you time answering the questions- they've had weeks to think of the questions, take a breath before answering- you'll look like you've really considered your answer & don't make impulsive decisions.

& most important of all- if you don't have a good feeling about the job, don't accept it- you're interviewing them as much as they're interviewing them.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Gemma
Mercy : Design Agency, Literature & Arts Collective : London / Liverpool : UK

Hey Gem

Its in the afternoon, but its actually a registration so they can put me forward for a particular job. Sorry I wasn't clear...its a job agency. But that is sound advice thanks. If they like me today they may put me forward for a post I applied for and Ill be able to use your advice.

But Im wondering whats the worse the job agency can ask me to do today aside from test my short cut skills maybe??

Back