Help! Colour and shades

Big McCann

hi all

so i got a client who wishes me to spruce up their current logo and make it realistic looking. i have never went too far down this path and want a doable challenge that needs to be done asap. i dont want to go too into detail as i am unsure about discussing their details and the project on a public forum. but the logo consists of a crown and i want to make it realistic. i have the logo as vector shapes in illustrator but i really want to take my time and make it better. they like the logo i developed

would it be hard make something look real like these? i have a feeling that has been computer generated but i may be wrong heres links to some i examples of what i am thinking and thanks for the help

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/gold-crown-gems-26948528.jpg

http://image.shutterstock.com/displ...4,2/stock-photo-royal-gold-crown-96610723.jpg

any help guys?

It can be done in Illustrator... but you'd have to be very good in Illustrator, like me, I could it do it no problem.

It's doable if you have the time, patience, experience and budget. I'd worry that the logo wouldn't translate to different formats too well though. For example if you need it printing or displaying in a single colour you'd probably need a different version of the mark, which is extra time and money. Plus a great amount of that detail would be lost at smaller scales and on some screens.

It's doable if you have the time, patience, experience and budget. I'd worry that the logo wouldn't translate to different formats too well though. For example if you need it printing or displaying in a single colour you'd probably need a different version of the mark, which is extra time and money. Plus a great amount of that detail would be lost at smaller scales and on some screens.

Took the words out of my mouth. It is not really a logo if they want something as detailed and defined as your examples. You might be better off using a 3D Studio Max if you were to produce something like this.

Last edited:
Back