GREAT campaign posters.

Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
David Cameron has revealed a series of posters highlighting why Britain is a great place to "visit, work and study" (I think he forgot to add "if you're rich" to the end of his statement).

GREAT Britain: David Cameron's tourism poster campaign delivers mixed messages | Mail Online

Is it just me, or are the poster designs a little poor? They're not 'bad' as such, just a little rushed? Some of the compositions for example feel crowded, with awkward type placement.

Two from Scotland and the rest from England, how 'Great' does that make Wales?
Is that Tevez scoring against Schwarzer?
Frankly I think the design is the least of it's problems :icon_wink:

I looked at the 'education' one, with a shot of Cambridge in all it's glory, and wondered exactly who the government were targeting. To get into Cambridge you need a) money and b) the grades (in that order) :icon_smile:

It's ok, you don't need money to go to Cambridge because the govt will lend it to you and you only have to pay it back for the rest of your life!

pffttt..... You'll be saying santa and the easter bunny dont exisit next! :icon_rolleyes:

They're not exactly pushing the boundaries of "great" design or oozing with creative flair are they. Pretty dull, if you ask me, but then I absolutely hate patriotism and this screams of it so maybe I'm biased.

They're not exactly pushing the boundaries of "great" design or oozing with creative flair are they. Pretty dull, if you ask me, but then I absolutely hate patriotism and this screams of it so maybe I'm biased.
Seriously I agree about the design and creative flair...and that is something that Britain is good at!

You do know they're not real, don't you? lol :icon_wink:

Yeah well you say that... but... do you actually know that? Have you met them?

Next thing they'll be saying Jefferson Davis Hogg was a fictional character.

:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

I think Wallace and Gromit were the best things on there lol, London is so not the shopping capital of the world eeerrr New York Milan etc. and trust you setting up a business is hard,
'hey mr bank man can I have a business loan?
'can you prove your earnings'
'well I havn't started the business yet so no'
' bank loan denied'

Seems like there hasn't been much thought put into it. £500.000 ... no wonder why Britain is BROKE.

3 out of the top 5 museums galleries in the world are in London...different to what I can find..

Back