Graphics designer (with some animation skills) required please

SimsMajeur

Hello all,

I’m new to the site.....please be gentle.

I’m looking for a graphics designer for

1. Logo design + branding
2. Some animation

I do not have content for a story line or narrative yet and will supply only some of the images. The layout design, logo/branding, animation is where i need a heck of a lot of help for the website. I would really wish for it to be eye catching enough to attract customers globally.

I have a start-up which will initially commence in the agro-allied industry then expand to other sectors. It is a shopping platform and I am currently working with an IT company for a website (with a view to exporting website content into one of those ready built apps)

I shall provide much more detail and context (ppt presentation, discussions etc) AFTER an NDA is signed.

Could you please provide range for approximate quotations including estimates for deadlines/time to completion. It would be extremely helpful to view relatively recent portfolio etc also.

Thanks very much!

I shall provide much more detail and context (ppt presentation, discussions etc) AFTER an NDA is signed.

Could you please provide range for approximate quotations including estimates for deadlines/time to completion. It would be extremely helpful to view relatively recent portfolio etc also.
Those kind of contradict each other... you'll need to get people to sign the nda before getting any quotes because you can't really get a quote without knowing what is involved. But to be honest I'm not sure how accurate any quotes can be when it sounds like you don't know what you actually want them to do for you...

Yeh logo design & branding
I've charged £400 up to £40,000 - depends what is involved.

Some animation
Depends - if it's a word moving across a screen.
Or character movement using physics.

All in all - pretty loose brief.

What I usually do in these situations is provide an hourly rate - with examples of work, with a rough estimate on time taken.

You have to remember - the less time someone spends on something the more rudimentary it will be -
or if you spend a bit more time on something it's usually going to be better.

Thanks both for your feedback. Apologies for being so vague. So very fed up with being yanked about by unprofessional individuals. I had discussed this with an external agent who was meant to get back to me with some sort of itinery of his time frames, ideas and quote. I actually paid for his time to discuss my concept after nda signed to ensure i showed how much i respect professional time. Got a flimsy response and now delays in getting back just for this which is not even the start of the project. My mistake was accept as a done deal due to referral from a friend. I suppose this is why im a bit cagey now. His portfolio is weak and I am searching for credible profressionals. Thanks again. @hankscorpio an hourly rate would certainly give me an idea budget wise but will not be what i’m looking for. I am a startup not a big corporate set up so a fixed package would be preferably to me for budgeting. Thank you

Thanks both for your feedback. Apologies for being so vague. So very fed up with being yanked about by unprofessional individuals. I had discussed this with an external agent who was meant to get back to me with some sort of itinery of his time frames, ideas and quote. I actually paid for his time to discuss my concept after nda signed to ensure i showed how much i respect professional time. Got a flimsy response and now delays in getting back just for this which is not even the start of the project. My mistake was accept as a done deal due to referral from a friend. I suppose this is why im a bit cagey now. His portfolio is weak and I am searching for credible profressionals. Thanks again. @hankscorpio an hourly rate would certainly give me an idea budget wise but will not be what i’m looking for. I am a startup not a big corporate set up so a fixed package would be preferably to me for budgeting. Thank you
Again - you won't get reliable quotes as you are asking for the quote - then explaining the project.

Can I make a suggestion that you take a bit of time while waiting on responses/pm's to flesh out, at least roughly, what it is you're looking for, ie your story etc. It will make getting quotes easier.

I understand the need for nda's, I'm used to them in my line of design, but you do need to have as much as possible of the information we will need available.

Hey and welcome to the forums. :)

To get anything like an accurate quote for animation, you're going to have to have a pretty rock solid idea of what you need.
Like Hank says, animations can be something basic that may take a few hours right through to explainers that can take a whole team weeks or even months to do.

Also, there are plenty of people that could do a basic bit of tweening but would really struggle with something more involved and complex like character animation for example.

I do get where you're coming from with the NDA however and not wanting to give too much away.
Maybe you could sit down and work out what you need without describing the actual concept of your start up?

You may have found that you have been messed around by ‘unprofessional individuals’, partly because there are a lot of them about and partly, for the very reason I passed over your post initially. As others have said, it’s all too vague, so for those of us who’ve been doing this for quite some years, when faced with such a request, often alarm bells start ringing. Vague briefs, are often the pressage of jobs that end up being more trouble than they are worth.

I am not implying that you fall into this category, but it is uncanny how often it proves to be the case.

Hello all,

I’m new to the site.....please be gentle.

I’m looking for a graphics designer for

1. Logo design + branding
2. Some animation

I do not have content for a story line or narrative yet and will supply only some of the images. The layout design, logo/branding, animation is where i need a heck of a lot of help for the website. I would really wish for it to be eye catching enough to attract customers globally.

I have a start-up which will initially commence in the agro-allied industry then expand to other sectors. It is a shopping platform and I am currently working with an IT company for a website (with a view to exporting website content into one of those ready built apps)

Thanks very much!
I hear you guys and appreciate your feedback. I really did not register with this forum with the primary purpose of ticking anyone off! ☺️. I know how irritating ambiguity can be in business. I do see myself as straightforward and drama free (too busy spinning a million and one plates!) but do get how clients can hinder the progress of their own vision and project @sprout
Anyhooo, back to the project which i shall try my best to clarify a little further
The project is
1. A platform purely online based, hence my requirement for quality visuals.
2. It aims like deliveroo, amazon, uber etc in it’s business model to cut out the “middle man”
3. It is a direct B2C model where the client can order at the click or through simple clicks fresh produce from source (farmer, manufacturer etc)
4. There are a series of complexities behind the scenes.
5. The creative brief
-a logo design (i have a company n brand name), i have not chosen colours, shape, mission statement yet
-branding: i would like clean lines and enjoy the aesthetics of japanese art and culture. So looking for less wrting and more infographics, videos, short animation (simple characters in motion with voice overs and with story lines showing how the platform works and about us etc). I have taken on board all feedback with gratitude so will start scribbling away at stick figures and potential story line. So thanks for the feedback @Levi . I have a few websites which (although unrelated in speciality have a creative element i would like to adopt)
-i would like it to be culturally appropriate for different regions-starting out in the african market and hope to branch out to other continents.
-the app will be on both ios and android platforms
-animation: @scotty thank you for that. Im not sure what specifically “ teewning and character animation “ involves but i do get the gist on complexities and it’s variables.
-this is the reason why i would prefer to have the nda signed and then do a short ppt presentation with my full idea and concept.
--i am in talks with photographers to produce imagery of products, farms etc.
-i totally get how unreasonable it may seem placing the horse before the cart @hankscorpio but this is as far as i can proceed
If this is an issue, no bother. Great to have feedback and also learn about requirements. Cheers

Ah you're not ticking anyone off. We're letting you know that something isn't quite right with your request, which is probably why the pros are not replying. And in turn, amateurs see an opportunity to do some work and then you both get burnt.
1) Not distributing a fair brief for quoting has turned people away and attracted amateur status people out to make a quick buck,
2) Amateur people think they can do it and they can't, you both get frustrated and then slam the industry, the amateur guy goes off to the next gig they can't do and the process starts over.

Hopefully, we've sent you straight so that you can put a fair description of the work required that will attract professional designers.

Best of luck.

LOL! You're not ticking anyone off here.
Just trying to help you out as we have experience of being on the other end of a brief and we know what kind of replies you may get and the pitfalls.

That is MUCH clearer and sounds more like an explainer video/animation to me.

-animation: @scotty thank you for that. Im not sure what specifically “ teewning and character animation “ involves but i do get the gist on complexities and it’s variables.

Sorry.
"Tween" is short for in between.
It's animation in its simplest form where you take and object from one place to another and the software fills the bits in between.
Character animation is just animating a character but that can be a skill set in its own right.

I have a few websites which (although unrelated in speciality have a creative element i would like to adopt)

It's a very good call to pick out some examples of aesthetics that you like as this gives the Designer/Animator a good idea of the style you're looking for and makes sure you're on the same page.

will start scribbling away at stick figures and potential story line

^^^^This is gold to hear!^^^^

Creating a script and a simple storyboard is something that will need to be done.
It doesn't matter if it is stick men as it's just to get the idea across and will pay you dividends for the effort.

One tip I would suggest would be to keep the animation under 1.5 min as that's where peoples attention span starts to fade.

Back