Graphic tablets advice

haydnp

Hi - being a newbie to the world of tablets, I was wondering if anyone could recommend or share experiences on a good entry level model. To give you an idea of my budget, I'm looking at the Wacom Intous (small). Any advice greatfully received! :icon_smile:

Well I highly recommend Wacom, I use the Intuos5, A3 at present - it allows you to use both your hands as well as the pen, and once you get used to it you will very quickly speed your workflow up immensely. An A5 sized version might be a little difficult to use as they scale sharply on a large monitor... the slightest movement on your part results in the cursor flying across the screen at up to 6x the distance.

I can also advice against hunting for a cheap make on ebay. I did that before investing in the Intuos5 and although these cheaper tablets claim to have similar tech specs, i.e. same number of pressure levels etc. the difference between them is overwhelming. My cheap tablet broke after just 8 months... If you're going to be using it every day, this is something worth investing in.

I have a Wacom Bamboo Create which does exactly what I need at a reasonable price. I think they do two different sizes, the smaller of which is obviously a fair bit cheaper. I'd recommend picking up one that's a decent size (mine has an A5 surface area) that's affordable. Don't bother buying a more expensive version until you're comfortable using one and are sure you really need one.

I second that!...
I have a Wacom Bamboo Create which does exactly what I need at a reasonable price. I think they do two different sizes, the smaller of which is obviously a fair bit cheaper. I'd recommend picking up one that's a decent size (mine has an A5 surface area) that's affordable. Don't bother buying a more expensive version until you're comfortable using one and are sure you really need one.

Back