Good font to go with Engravers EF Bold?

p2bri

Hi,

I've just started working at a company where they use Engravers EF Bold as the main font across their stationary and website -

Engravers EF Bold - Desktop font « MyFonts

My problem is that they've asked me to find a font that will go well with it, but I don't really know that many, let alone one that would match it. I've been looking at list after list of them and nothing really stands out. I guess as it's quite a distinct font something a bit simpler, but would really appreciate some suggestions?

Also not sure if it's relevant but they use Arial on their website and find it a bit plain, so it would be a third font to go with that and Engravers Bold.

Thanks in advance!

Pete

Engravers EF Bold is pretty much a display font, so I'm presuming it's not used for body text, etc.?
If you need something to be used for general text, I'd possibly use a contrasting simple font such as Avenir, Gill Sans, Univers or similar. You don't want to use 2 display fonts if you want to be taken seriously.

Although you haven't said what the company does, so maybe it doesn't want to be taken seriously :icon_wink:

Engravers EF Bold is pretty much a display font, so I'm presuming it's not used for body text, etc.?
If you need something to be used for general text, I'd possibly use a contrasting simple font such as Avenir, Gill Sans, Univers or similar. You don't want to use 2 display fonts if you want to be taken seriously.

Although you haven't said what the company does, so maybe it doesn't want to be taken seriously :icon_wink:

What he said, pick something clean and legible that contrasts with it. Univers is a good bet but try out a few other combinations.

Thanks gprovan those look great!

We're a company that makes furniture using only British sourced wood so I think the Gill one might be easiest for me to sell, as it says it's British too. Although I think I prefer Avenir... I'll probably show them both and see what they say.

Thanks again!

Back