Getting Pics From Searches

fear

Hi, I just wanted to ask for the experienced, do graphic designers, in order to sell their designs, they have to take a picture of every little picture? Say for example I want to make a picture of this amazing beach to sell, I take the beach picture with the sun blue sky. What will happen if I get like a orange sky theme from Google Image Search but fix it so it can look like sunset scene beach? Can I get in trouble? Or even the smallest detailed? What if I want to add like a pool to look like its a resort? The pool picture is from Google Image Search. If I make money from my picture, can I get in trouble? Or even the smallest pictures details like beach beds? I really don't know the business very well but I am really interested. I have a long way to this knowledge. Do you have to be a photographer? I remember reading that is not necessary but it can help, so how do people who don't know much of photograph get these pictures, do they draw them and make them look real? Honestly though, I do like to learn but everything seems tougher as I start learning more and more.

Thanks

All that is copyright infringement.
Unless you created it or took the photo yourself - then it's copyright.

There are stock websites that sell photos, some are free, some are paid.

But you can't resell those images as stock images if you recreate them or make new images from them.

And they usually have license fees so you have to read the EULA for the images and understand their usage rights.

But you can't take a photo and change it and pass it off as your own.
There was a rumour years ago that you changed something by 25% or 75% or something then the copyright doesn't apply.
But that's not true.

Copyright infringement is copyright infringement, 99.999% or 0.00001%

As Hank says, you need to buy your images from a stock site such as Shutterstock or iStock. You may find some sites that offer free images but they will be limited usage.
Stock images allow certain usage such as using them in graphic design work, but you certainly can't take those images and sell them as your own, even if it's just part of an image.

All the photos you see online have been taken by someone, professional or not. Why would you think that you can take those images and make money from them yourself? Unless you have
permission from the originator. Turn it around the other way - if you yourself put something online that you have created from scratch, how would like someone else to take that image and sell it as their own?
'If I make money from my picture' is the important line - how are you wanting to use the images?

I've contacted photographers on Flickr and asked for high res photos I wanted to use.

They were just delighted to be asked. Some gave for free. Some wanted a nominal donation.

One guy wanted money donated to a charity.

As long as you get permission for your use and the right EULA.

I've also contacted stock sites to get in touch with certain photographers and illustrators.

Managed to buy the rights solely to some artworks and photos.
And those were then removed from the stock site(s).

All that is copyright infringement.
Unless you created it or took the photo yourself - then it's copyright.

There are stock websites that sell photos, some are free, some are paid.

But you can't resell those images as stock images if you recreate them or make new images from them.

And they usually have license fees so you have to read the EULA for the images and understand their usage rights.

But you can't take a photo and change it and pass it off as your own.
There was a rumour years ago that you changed something by 25% or 75% or something then the copyright doesn't apply.
But that's not true.

Copyright infringement is copyright infringement, 99.999% or 0.00001%
First of all, thanks for the reply. Second of all can I ask this little question? So when it comes to being illegal, that includes like searching like "house with a pool," I copy this picture to adobe photoshop and then select the pool with the "quick selection tool" or even the "pen tool" and crop that to place it right? Lol, just asking. But thanks...and yea, that's how far I am from learning. Thanks again

As Hank says, you need to buy your images from a stock site such as Shutterstock or iStock. You may find some sites that offer free images but they will be limited usage.
Stock images allow certain usage such as using them in graphic design work, but you certainly can't take those images and sell them as your own, even if it's just part of an image.

All the photos you see online have been taken by someone, professional or not. Why would you think that you can take those images and make money from them yourself? Unless you have
permission from the originator. Turn it around the other way - if you yourself put something online that you have created from scratch, how would like someone else to take that image and sell it as their own?
'If I make money from my picture' is the important line - how are you wanting to use the images?
Yea, thanks for your reply. Yea I understand that part lol. I kind of had that idea too. Lol, Bill Gates does his job with Microsoft, yet Steve Jobs (may he RIP) gets the credit and money. Just stating like an example lol.... Thanks again for the reply

I've contacted photographers on Flickr and asked for high res photos I wanted to use.

They were just delighted to be asked. Some gave for free. Some wanted a nominal donation.

One guy wanted money donated to a charity.

As long as you get permission for your use and the right EULA.

I've also contacted stock sites to get in touch with certain photographers and illustrators.

Managed to buy the rights solely to some artworks and photos.
And those were then removed from the stock site(s).
Thanks for the reply Oh really? I can actually do that? Oh I would consider that. Thanks a lot

Back