GD work for flyers & posters

and if I'm completely honest I love the extra money that working so hard brings in.

But if you don't need the extra money, there's no need to work. You can do something far more fulfilling if you have enough cash to give you the choice to do what you want.

I don't need the cash. It's not going to stop me feeding my family or clothing my son but it would probably stop me driving a powerful car and having weekends away.

I don't think there is a single member of this forum that can afford not to work and I imagine that if each of us was gifted 10 million only a handful would give up their career. Most of us here are lucky enough to wake up every morning knowing we are going to do what we love and get paid for it. How much more fufilling can you get.

I don't need the cash.
I'm sure Scope, Cancer Research etc will let you do it for nothing.

I don't think there is a single member of this forum that can afford not to work and I imagine that if each of us was gifted 10 million only a handful would give up their career.
Not initially maybe, but most would give up. I would put my 10,000,000 on that.
Most of us here are lucky enough to wake up every morning knowing we are going to do what we love and get paid for it. How much more fufilling can you get.
How fulfiling is producing something that ultimately is heading for the bin. Personally I would do something humanitarian; I dont' know what, it may be that I would do what I do now for free (see first comment), but ultimately I would spend my time doing things far more productive and useful to society than encouraging non sustainable consumption of resources.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy what I do and I'm reasonably well rewarded for it (though that is becoming less the cases of late). If I didn't need the reward I can probably think of an infinite number of thinks that are far more rewarding than this without trying at all.

I'm quite sure that anyone would allow you to work for nothing but then that would defeat the object of it all. I love what i do and the rewards it brings, you are clearly not quite as passionate so perhaps we should agree to disagree on this.

I would love not to have to work but would still do it because I love work.

I'm quite sure that anyone would allow you to work for nothing but then that would defeat the object of it all. I love what i do and the rewards it brings, you are clearly not quite as passionate so perhaps we should agree to disagree on this.

I think that we all enjoy some degree of structure and purpose, so if we can continue to do that with something enjoyable then all for the better.

Just means we can have a lot more time off whenever desired without the need of working :icon_biggrin:

I'm quite sure that anyone would allow you to work for nothing but then that would defeat the object of it all. .
Now you're contradicting yourself. You're now saying that there's no point unless there's financial reward.

Which is it, passion or necessity?
I love what i do and the rewards it brings, you are clearly not quite as passionate so perhaps we should agree to disagree on this.

See above; surely if you would "still do it" without remuneration because you "love work" it will "defeat the object of it all".

I think you need to make your mind up.

Is this thread still going on?? Seriously the original poster probably wasn't interested in any of this, can we just agree to disagree and just kiss and make up now please. :icon_inlove:

I don't see how I can be contradicting myself. I love what I do, doesn't mean I don't deserve or want to be paid for it. If I had millions in the bank I wouldn't need to work but I would still work because I love what I do. The extra money I earn means I can afford a greater level of luxury in life. If your work ethic and ambition compels you to do the bare minimum to get by in life and aspire to nothing more than that, great, have fun with all that spare time you've got.

Back