Fun with Photoshop!

TheNoone

I realised the other day it's been months since i've actually sat down and just messed around in Photoshop. After watching Insidious at the cinema last week it inspired me to create a Horror Movie and use my imagination to design something.

The theme is quite simple, The girl is haunted by entities, maybe this is what controls her puzzling and erratic behaviour!

It's a work in progress and so far is great fun!
What do you think?

horrorposter.png

I like it so far, personally, I think I'd lose a bit of the saturation on the house (dull it down a bit I mean) that way the entity thingy and the girl "pop" - after all it is about her and them

the design is good just don't need some clarification on why the first two letters "en" are red and the others are white? Overall it looks good.

too much black I think but its quite good, although you can see the house has been photoshopped in there, might be better to fade it a bit or apply some affect to make it fade into the back ground a bit

I don't mind the black (it is a horror poster after all), but the sub line "Experience evil for yourself" either has to be bigger or the kerning adjusted so that it fits under the "Enigma". Everything else is centered and you're creating negative space to the right of that sub line and it just looks odd. My eye keeps getting drawn to it and it bugs me. Sort that out, and it's spot on. Well done.

Damn, where's the edit post button?

I also wanted to say the text at the very bottom (actors, director etc.) could do with some work. You've got 4 lines of text yet your last line is only 3 words long. Don't rely on your box shape/paragraph style to come up with something aesthetically pleasing. Stick a couple of manual returns in there and get that bottom text more balanced. Other than that, it looks great.

Back