Full Colour NCR Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bate Brand

I've been finding it quite difficult to find a printer who supplies full colour NCR sets. I thought I had found a solution with Sense Creative, full colour and a good price, but then when I did a search and came across this forum and read some horror stories - I'm not keen to use them and back to square one. Has anyone a good recommendation? Any feedback much appreciated.

In my experience full colour carbonless printing is very unusual. Could the artwork be adapted to spot colour?

Feel free to email an example of the artwork, happy to make suggestions.

Hi Peter

Yes, I've just found out full colour NCR is not the norm. I place most of my print with RCS and they don't offer full colour yet, one of their competitors do print.com. I've found a few companies offering the service either at extortionate prices and then I found Sense Creative who are priced well but I just hear horror stories about them. (I've asked Sense Creative to send me a print sample pack as advertised on their website 3 times and nothing ever arrives!). Unfortunately I quoted my client based on the Sense Creative service. I wouldn't want to go back to my client telling them the price has gone up because of my errors - I should have research Sense Creative before not after I quoted. haha, I've been buying print for over 20 years and I still make mistakes!

The design brief was specifically to supply an upmarket full colour design that a local Renault dealer could hand out to customers. The concept would not convert to spot colour and even if it could it then wouldn't fit with their current banding.

I shall keep looking and I'll post the companies I find here in case it's of interest.

Thanks for your reply.

Neil have you template or layout I can use.
I have just been ask to get 'Invoice' pads for a Spark.
I hope I'm right in NCR is same as he wants.

I'm doing his new Logo design early next week.
Then hopefully some pads.

Great to see so many people do offer full colour NCR sets even though Bate Brand found it so difficult. If you type "full colour ncr sets" into Google we are top of the first page but maybe our price wasn't quite right this time ;) please check back!

Hint - RCS do print full colour, just select 4 colours in the drop down menu, then send full colour artwork and they print it in CMYK, or find one of their resellers, same quality for less.

Good Luck

I'd just like to add that yes I found out later RCS do print full colour NCR and I'm sure their quality would be good, however I placed my order with Stationery-Direct who were brilliant, easy to deal with, quick turnaround, quality was top notch and price was great too.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I'd just like to add that yes I found out later RCS do print full colour NCR and I'm sure their quality would be good, however I placed my order with Stationery-Direct who were brilliant, easy to deal with, quick turnaround, quality was top notch and price was great too.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Oooh didn't realise, glad you were happy :icon_smile:

Hi, we print NCR in full colour in sets and pads using our ECOcolour system. This is a digital process and uses soya based ink. Whilst the quality is not up to litho standards, our experience is that customers are very happy with the results. Our price for 500 3 part (W-Y-P) sets is £121+VAT. Carriage charges keep going up but we charge £10+VAT for up to 10kg.

I will happily send a sample on receipt of a print ready PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back