Freelance Portfolio Review

mrpauldobson

Hi all. I'd like an honest critique of my Freelance Design portfolio, I need to know if it's heading in the right direction.
I have 4 large case studies on recent cross-media projects where I talk through the project.
I've also kept my side skills to smaller sections to avoid confusion that I'm foremost a Graphic Designer.

Do you think I need an about section?

The portfolio can be found at: www.hartsoncreative.co.uk

Thanks for any advice you can give.
All the best,
Paul

Drop the hero image. It's just a bit of nonsense puffery.

The case studies on the homepage need captions - to tell me what I'm looking at.

The websites need to link to case study pages and from there to the actual sites. Check the sites your self - some of them have updated and now look nothing like your screenshots. This suggests they weren't happy with your efforts.

None of the pages have a call to action. There is no apparent way to contact you unless I scroll down on the homepage. Which is unlikely as I'd have clicked on something before I get there.

What is the purpose of the site? It it simply a brochure or is it a lead generator? What is your marketing plan (as this will drive the shape of the site)?

The websites need to link to case study pages and from there to the actual sites. Check the sites your self - some of them have updated and now look nothing like your screenshots. This suggests they weren't happy with your efforts.
This is a good point and always something I check and would think if any different.

There are loads more needs fixing but your answers to my questions will indicate the direction of the review.

Yes, you should add the about us page. It is a norm, a business standard that shows
your clients/ customers or audience everything they need to know about you
or your business organization.

Back