Freelance per hour sites, views?

heybyrne

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have had any luck / would recommend any of those freelance sites out there? I've come across and been recommended freelanceuk.com and elance but am sceptical simply due to how many designers are on them!

It appears to get a good rep you'd have to offer work for next to nothing, which i don't mind doing initially, but if there is longevity and work to be made with a good rep it could be worth it?

Hi Heybyrne

Yeah there are alot of Freelancers out there, when it comes to cheap, everyone wants to look more affordable than their competition, just remember cheap isn't allways good.
At first, it's good to start with a low price, as then people will be willing to that freelancer again, if they feel they're happy with the service. In the long run it's just not profitable to offer drastically low prices for the same good service.
It really depends on the quality of the service they can offer.

We have a freelance guy here making sales. Just got him through reccomendation more then anything, couldn't really suggest any service to you in particular. sorry i can't be of more help.

reccomendation is the best way to go :)

I’ve been looking into People per Hour (or Pittance per Hour as I like to call it). I really can’t bring myself to bid for a job for a quarter of the price it should be done for!

Thanks guys, it seems a tricky one this and I do agree that recommendation is key, if they are free to sign up to then I guess there's no harm, I'll continue working with my current client base then and offer some incentives for them to spread the word.

Thanks as always for the support all :)

Back