Freelance Graphic Designer Wanted - 50/50 Partnership

spike35251

Freelance Graphic Designer wanted to work with Freelance Web Developer.

I'm returning to Uni to complete my degree in 2011 and due to issues with Student Loans I need to keep the income coming to allow this to happen. Therefore I seek a graphic designer to work alongside me to create templates for systems such as Wordpress, Joomla, Django, Drupal etc that we can sell using Marketplaces such as themeforest.net etc.

Split would be 50% / 50% on any sales, with you responsible for the look, me for the code which will be valid and cross-browser.

I've got over 10 years of web development experience in load of different platforms and languages. Url's for various completed sites will be supplied for serious applicants, as will my additional contact details.

Ideally you should be a great graphic designer with a good knowledge of creating visuals for multi-page websites (in photoshop and with a comprehensible arrangement to your layers) and understanding of some of the limitations of web.

In the first instance contact me on [email protected] (sorry disposable address, don't want my inbox full of spam) and I will reply with any additional details and to answer your questions. If you are also a student and attending Uni in Newcastle then even better ;-)

Cheers
Rob

if you dont mind me aasking, why returning to uni after 1o years ?

...cause I've been doing web development for 10 years and want a change as I need more of a challenge. Didn't get a degree first time round as employer I went on placement with offered me a job when I finished a year with them and I decided to take it. 8 years later and after becoming a senior developer I left that employer and found, whoops, employers generally expect you to have a degree...Been working freelance for 18 months and have made a living, but time to make a change. If its gonna be anytime, it will be this year before the tuition fees shoot up...Hope that helps...

Marketing person

Don't forget that someone needs to be responsible for bringing in the project work. Surely that person should get more than 50%?

The work won't just fall into your lap without someone putting lots of effort in to land project work.

Amanda

Don't forget that someone needs to be responsible for bringing in the project work. Surely that person should get more than 50%?

The work won't just fall into your lap without someone putting lots of effort in to land project work.

Amanda

Sorry but I'm not looking for a marketing person. This job was for a split between a designer and a developer with the themes / templates created sold online via platforms such as Themeforest etc, not a traditional relationship with a sales / marketing person etc. Thanks for your interest, but I want a good designer able to produce good PSD visuals that I then convert into HTML, Javascript and other code so a 50% / 50% split is a good deal.

Freelance Graphic Designer (Photoshop)

Hi Rob,

I'm a freelance graphic web designer based in North Yorkshire (about 30 mins from Newcastle Uni). I've been designing concept homepage designs, websites and templates for about 14 years.

I have a portfolio featuring some of my work on Design Duality | Portfolio. Please DO NOT look at the development of this site (it is one of those opensource galleries free to download) as I'm not a developer, but I am a designer so the content of the gallery should hopefully impress you ;-)

I'm very keen on discussing this with you further as I am also in need of a developer on many occassions where my clients require the full site development, not only the visuals/mock-ups.

Please feel free to contact me on 07715667199 or email [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Emma

Back