Flyer Leaflet Design

Why not?

Having the locations on the front means people can instantly see how close you will be.

Putting the menu in the front means people can immediately see what's on offer.

Who is to say what is front and back? There'd be very little or no extra cost for printing on the back of a flyer with this quantity.

Squeezing everything onto one page - polluting it with content and distracting the eye, and putting it on a white background would be sensory overload for a lot of people.

Typically, you want the information on the front (who is to say it's the front?) - this is just a quick HELLO this is who we are and what we do.
Turn over to get more info.

Got to be honest after Hank put up those examples I was personally drawn to the chalkboard approach, even thinking maybe using drawn fish and chips etc on the front, then using the back to just add the important stuff like location, times and maybe a very simple outline of what you sell.

Got to be honest after Hank put up those examples I was personally drawn to the chalkboard approach, even thinking maybe using drawn fish and chips etc on the front, then using the back to just add the important stuff like location, times and maybe a very simple outline of what you sell.

If it was an actual job I'd spend about 4-6 hours perfecting it.

There's loads you can do for the map on the back - even just some Location Map Markers in a row with MONDAY - TUESDAY - WEDNESDAY etc. to show people where you are on certain days.

Menu - stand out headings, with a price list underneath.
fast-food-restaurant-menu-template-clipart-vector_csp64411650.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for your help , especially Hank & Wardy for their efforts.
I'm going to take it all in & create something better than what I currently have over the next couple of days & put another post up.
Cheers

Menu - stand out headings, with a price list underneath.
Personally, I wouldn't include prices on this type of flyer although it is a personal preference, because fish prices are quite variable at the minute it might mean the cost of 'fish and chips' actually needs to go up. It also doesn't mean you need to reprint the leaflet every time the prices change etc. I've seen a tv show about food trucks (it's a competition/challenge type show) and while they use social media as a promotional material more than flyers in the show they literally put the prices on a white board attached to the food truck and adjust them on the fly during the day if the 'price is too high'.

Not to mention you might be able to price slightly different at different locations due to, as harsh as this sounds, the expected income the buyer might have.

Why not?

Having the locations on the front means people can instantly see how close you will be.

Putting the menu in the front means people can immediately see what's on offer.

If they are going through doors it may land face down and having something also printed on that side may just catch a customer's eye. As Hank says why waste advertising space when it costs literally nothing extra nowadays to print both sides.

Levi beat me to it. I don't think you even ought to have the menu on there at all - it's fish and chips fgs, and £2.50 for a small bag of chips ain't going to
get people rushing over there when they have a chippy down the road. Do you even need a flyer - we're talking passing trade, surely?

You'd be better off pushing the events side of things and getting more business that way. Plus finding better sites and doing lunchtimes/more varied menu etc.

Personally, I wouldn't include prices on this type of flyer although it is a personal preference, because fish prices are quite variable at the minute it might mean the cost of 'fish and chips' actually needs to go up. It also doesn't mean you need to reprint the leaflet every time the prices change etc. I've seen a tv show about food trucks (it's a competition/challenge type show) and while they use social media as a promotional material more than flyers in the show they literally put the prices on a white board attached to the food truck and adjust them on the fly during the day if the 'price is too high'.

Not to mention you might be able to price slightly different at different locations due to, as harsh as this sounds, the expected income the buyer might have.

It's very rare I see a menu come through the door without prices on it - in fact they all do with the ones I have in my hand right now.

A simple line at the bottom in small print to read "prices correct as of <date> and subject to change without notice".

I don't know how I would feel on a menu arriving with no pricing, would I venture to them to chance my arm at a price that I don't know?

I don't know how I would feel on a menu arriving with no pricing, would I venture to them to chance my arm at a price that I don't know?

£8 for fish and chips isn't going to get people jumping in their car to find a van, it would be cheaper sitting down in the nearest cafe.

Hi everyone & thanks again for the feedback.
I decided to explore Hanks idea first with the chalkboard effect.
I'm ok with the front but the locations on the back have been a struggle.

Let me know your thoughts.a5double_finalweb.jpg

No. 1 mobile fish shop still means sod all to me....

What's the point in the instagram, facebook and twitter logo's when you have no links or anything attached to them, it's not like you can click on them like on a website.

Some spacing issues with the bottom line of text with the telephone number etc too

Soft drinks is lower case when the rest are all upper case... consistency.

Might want to consider adjusting the way chips £2.50/£3.50 is shown, not everyone would assume that is for a large/small portion..... I might think it's a different price depending on who I am for example.

Still feel you shouldn't have prices included because as said earlier some of those prices aren't going to make me rush out to you versus my local brick and mortar chippy or conglomerate pub/restaurant which sells fish and chips where I can sit down and get served etc.

I think it's a million million times better.

What Levi said!

Except for social media - good to show you have a presence and most will find you if they want to.

Brilliant - fix the little things and you have a winner!

Put the locations on the front! That way anyone can see if you are local whichever side they look at. Don't do the location details on the back as an image. Keep it really simple and use plain text in a nice big font.

Who says you are the #1 mobile chippy? Google disagrees with your claim.

You use a different font in the footer at the back.

Can I pre-order? If so tell me this.

Drop the www from the URL, it's not needed.

I probably wouldn't bother with the SM icons. People will find you if they are interested. In any case your instagram page is pointless and there isn't anything useful on your facebook page, you just keep posting the same thing again and again and again.

But it's looking really good now.

Put the locations on the front! That way anyone can see if you are local whichever side they look at. Don't do the location details on the back as an image. Keep it really simple and use plain text in a nice big font.

Who says what is the front and back - it's a 2pp flyer - this doesn't matter as long as it's on it.

I don't understand your logic on this.

Who says you are the #1 mobile chippy? Google disagrees with your claim.

Are google the eficiados on chippers?

You use a different font in the footer at the back.

Good point!

Drop the www from the URL, it's not needed.

I disagree - I know plenty of (older) people that type their urls into google search and also the URL bar and start as HTTP://WWW. etc.

But it's looking really good now.

Agreed

Do you no what the bleed is? I’m just concerned that the “p” in ”private” is already very close to the edge, when it’s being cut down to size the “p” may disappear completely. Not sure if anything else is too close - but check that. But over all it’s much better. But speak to your printer about the bleed if you don’t know already.

Marketing!

I may be pants at design but I do understand marketing.

On the front put something like: "Weekly opening in X, Y and Z. See back for menu and locations". It acts as a call to action.

No but if you going to make a claim to be #1 you need something to back this up.

I just don't think it needs it - and clogs up the front with information that is readily available - I wouldn't call that a call to action.

Back