Flateyri Fins Logo

brunel

Hello, I am looking for some feedback on a ficitious logo I've design for Flateyri Fins. Flateyri is a small village in the North West of Iceland, that I had the great pleasure of visiting in 2007 as part of a volunteering program.

Here is the brief:

Flateyri Fins aims to provide tourists and adventure seekers with an intimate whale watching experience in the Westfjords of Iceland.
· Longer term, the business aims to be one of the main attractions in the Westfjords.
· The logo needs to be versatile enough to work on small scale leaflets and large scale (on the side of a boat).
· It will need to differentiate from the main competitors: LakiTours – Whale Watching Holmavik and Beffa Tours.
· It needs to target the following audience: International leisure tourists, Adventure seekers, Families, Gap year tourists.
· The ideal customer is: Someone aged between 30s – 40s, likes to travel off the beaten track, very independent, enjoys adventure and thrill seeking, likes outdoor brands and new experiences.
· The logo should relate to the following words: Exciting, relaxing, safe, different, informative, clear.
· The logo should create the reaction “let’s get close to nature”.
· Logos that have desirable a similar look and feel are 66 North, Manly Whale Watching, Whale Safari, Elding.

Attachments

• Flateyri Fins.png
    731.1 KB · Views: 19
Number one sort of works but is just a bit clunky for me. Might work with a bit of refinement and if you can make it look more like a tail.

Number two needs a lot of refinement - you can't have the tail connected to the boat.

Three is just too simple I think.

All of them have the same lettering which is a bit uninspiring. Try the name in lower case, but whale watching needs to be in caps. The cap Y in Flateyri could
possibly be turned into a tail if done subtly. With all of them, specially 3, you need to go back to pencil and paper and develop more.

Number one sort of works but is just a bit clunky for me. Might work with a bit of refinement and if you can make it look more like a tail.

Number two needs a lot of refinement - you can't have the tail connected to the boat.

Three is just too simple I think.

All of them have the same lettering which is a bit uninspiring. Try the name in lower case, but whale watching needs to be in caps. The cap Y in Flateyri could
possibly be turned into a tail if done subtly. With all of them, specially 3, you need to go back to pencil and paper and develop more.
No such thing as too simple. The tail alone is by far the best design. Regogizeable. Elegant. Speaks to the customer's ideal eperience. What more could you want?

Back