Flat plans and escaping Excel!

Gareff

Afternoon chaps,

I am part of a small company and the sole designer of several publications.
As 2017 is coming to a close, so are all our magazines. Getting ready for 2018 I would like to have something that would help me create fancy flat plans that are easy to edit and update.

I currently use Excel and its pants. I have no patients for all the formulas I'd be required to learn to make it practical. So I'd just like to know if any of you guys use flat plans as part of your work and if you have any other solutions than Excel.

Ta :)

@Gareff Can you explain a little more about what it is you're actually wanting to do because I can't really picture what it is you're trying to do....

I don't use flat plans but apart from Excel what other software do you use? Can you not create interactive PDFs? That's what I do on occasion so that clients can easily edit/ update their publication, without having to come back to me to make edits every 5 mins.

Apart from that, there seems to be a fair few software and even apps that do what you are looking for. I've never used them, so I don't know how effective/ efficient they are...

Back