Fillmore-esque Poster Filter


New Member
Hello all,

I'm trying to replicate a design that can be seen here: for a website template.

Warping the text isn't a problem. But does anyone know what filters have been placed over the people in the image?

Since I'm no longer a designer, I don't have Photoshop or Illustrator at my disposal anymore. At the moment I'm using the Aviary Suite, and have had some success. It's just the people I can't seem to get to look right.

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts about this, I'd appreciate it.


Paul Murray

Ultimate Member
Looks like the image has just had it's levels/threshold adjusted, with maybe a little custom brush work in places to add the lines you see around the male's neck.