Filing inspiration

Minuteman Press

Guys,

Any ideas. I detest filing cabinets (size / form) but they are a necessary evil.
We keep our paperwork for six years (legal and logical reasons) and it is ever growing due to new clients / projects.

Does anyone have any good ideas? Needs to be storage that will hold A4 files. Currently we use the conventional suspended filing system.

Peter

Well I've been working for a big life insurance company in Bristol (due to not managing
to get a design job yet :icon_confused:) and they have millions and millions of files which they need to keep.

They used to have an entire floor dedicated to files but over the past year they have started scanning
all files and documents (except the few ones where they need to keep the originals) and it is so much easier now.

Finding them takes seconds/mins instead of hours/days!! And if they need a copy on paper then it is just a case of pressing print.

Hope this is of some help.

Well I'm Bristolian born and bred. Although I did spend 3 years in Wales while I was at uni.
I find Bristol quite a nice place. I believe I've walked past your place quite a few times while
I was doing work experience in a design agency called "Out of Hand".
What about yourself, You been in Bristol long?

I used to work for the Department for Work and Pensions....We had files on....well....almost everyone. In the end they used remote storage (a company who kept the files and sent specific ones back at request) Would do so myself if I had that much stuff.

Back