'Femur' logo design

Hi guys... just thought i'd share my recent logo design... it is a design submitted to the following brief:

"I am launching a Comedy Content site along the lines of Funny or Die (it will include blogs, video, pictures, and podcasts) but all the contributors are women. We are calling it "Femur" (as in Female Humor but more subtle). I am looking for a logo to reflect Comedy, Women, silly, playful, content (ick does that even all go together.)"

Let me know what u all think.

Becky

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Femur-Logo-Design/7047161

Attachments

• femur_3.1.jpg
    femur_3.1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 33
The 'e' doesn't work...looks like an 'a'. Paul's right get it to work in black and white first - then add colour.

The lips as an M is okay as an idea but I'm guessing the aim was to make it look like someone sticking out their tongue as an act of irreverence whereas this is more reminiscent of someone being checked out for a throat infection or - dare I say - waiting for a money shot...

Got to agree with everyone else. The 'e' looks more like an 'a' and I'm not sold on the lips being the shape of the 'm'. To me, the middle stem of the 'm' isn't obvious enough and the look of the tongue/mouth is quite reminiscent of the Rolling Stones tongue.

I must be in the minority because I quite like it, that said the tongue is a bit too "out there" (I have noooooo idea what Dave means by a money shot :angel:) and the e is a bit unclear but it's a good start. (Black and white first is better).

i like it too, but would reconsider the tongue element. only because it doesn't seem to reflect a comedy site as much as a gents club. no one laughs with their tongues out. and it's pink too:D

I have no idea what the logo could mean. My 1st thoughts were that it comes across a something sexual. The pink does help that. The shade of pink is probably the only thing I don`t really like. It is good though

Back