Feedback on Logo Branding for Training Organization

epixx

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I could not help getting feedback on the logo branding for a training organization. Let me say up front that I did not have anything to do with the creation of the logo and branding, I just want to hear your opinions as it may be similar to what I think. I have already made my comments and suggestions to the organization. BTW, I am a graphic designer as well.

Attachments

• heart-nta.jpg
    heart-nta.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 21
Nice to hear from you. I animate logo or brand names. It is a great way to make your logo alive. Check the link<REMOVED>

<NOTE FROM MODERATOR: NO LINKS TO CROWDSOURCING SITES - www.nospec.com>

Last edited by a moderator:
The words are too small to read.

I’m not actually sure what it means. Are you a trust? What sort of training do you do? Why is the tagline part of the logo?

The words are too small to read.

I’m not actually sure what it means. Are you a trust? What sort of training do you do? Why is the tagline part of the logo?

Exactly. That's what I have been saying all along. It is too much wording. Apparently they hired an ad agency long ago to design it... can you imagine that? Anyway, I now know my opinions are shared.

Yes, it is a trust. It is a state owned body funded by employer's contributions to train and provide skilled workers. Mostly technical vocational areas similar to the Australian TVET system.

If this was something I was working on, I'd be trying to convince them to start again from scratch. I don't think it's a good basis to work from, and sticking to the original idea severely limits what you can do. Personally I wouldn't want to touch the job if I had to work from the original, it ust needs scrapping.

It looks very stereotypical of what you see all over the place.
Even down to the people icons and elliptical swoosh.

Trying to get too much and too many messages into a logo at which point it fails.
Reminds me of some local council/recruitment agency where too many people have had there say and it's all been incorporated.
Design by committee?

The job of a logo is to identify not communicate.

I think you may have been asked to polish a turd here. :(

If this was something I was working on, I'd be trying to convince them to start again from scratch. I don't think it's a good basis to work from, and sticking to the original idea severely limits what you can do. Personally I wouldn't want to touch the job if I had to work from the original, it ust needs scrapping.

Yes. That was actually my suggestion as well.

It looks very stereotypical of what you see all over the place.
Even down to the people icons and elliptical swoosh.

Trying to get too much and too many messages into a logo at which point it fails.
Reminds me of some local council/recruitment agency where too many people have had there say and it's all been incorporated.
Design by committee?

The job of a logo is to identify not communicate.

I think you may have been asked to polish a turd here. :(

That's exactly what happened. Thanks for confirming it.

Back