Feedback for my current watercolor illustration

mrmomoart

I wanted to study a hare, so I did this illustration as a practice. What do you think about it?

Attachments

• 010-5.jpg
    010-5.jpg
    672.7 KB · Views: 19
Well, it's not really a watercolour to start with, is it? As a drawing it's ok, though the head needs a bit of work on it I think. The sword/dagger needs some work too.
It needs a lot of refinement, it's almost as if it's a preliminary sketch to a more finished piece of work.
It's difficult to critique on as we don't know what it signifies or what it's for.

Well, it's not really a watercolour to start with, is it? As a drawing it's ok, though the head needs a bit of work on it I think. The sword/dagger needs some work too.
It needs a lot of refinement, it's almost as if it's a preliminary sketch to a more finished piece of work.
It's difficult to critique on as we don't know what it signifies or what it's for.
Thank you for your comment. It's watercolor and pen.
As I said I drew it as a practice. I try to do better next time! (y)

I wouldn't say it's a watercolour illustration either... I'd have said it's more pen and ink.

I think refinement is probably the key word here.

Just some obvious things that stood out to me:
The sword doesn't look like it connects either side of the body to me, the blood is too thick and would be partially transparent at the very least meaning the blade wouldn't be hidden, the sword handle doesn't look to have any mass to it (shading could help). Your 'sun' at the top of the unicorn horn isn't centralised either, if you're going to do that style of 'sun' you need to ensure everything lines up properly (symmetry) and the sun is in the middle of the bigger circle, it currently looks offset to the right and slightly rotated when looking at it.

Back