Feedback Appreciated

Hi Folks,

I have a client that came to me on a very short deadline 1.5 weeks (I also work Part-time). To produce a logo for an event taking place in Northern Ireland. The event is open to 250+ competitors in my local town. F18's are a type of catamaran and numerous Olympic sailors are now competing on this type catamaran. The logo will be used for web and print, including clothing and stickers for the boats. I've only had a week to put this together and it should be possible to amend it slightly in the near future. The client was very easy to please which is great except that I'm missing some valuable feedback, which is where your good selves come in.

The main points from the client where that the logo can not be seen to be too Irish- Political reasons.
They want it to have connotations to Ireland but not in a way that has been overused. - Shamrock, A harp, Green, white and Gold etc.
They said that they would like to include or reference the official F18 Association Logo.
The colour of the yacht club's logo, where the event is taking place, is Navy Blue and Yellow and the Local Councils Logo is Navy Blue, White and Light Blue, who are the main sponsors.
Green Cannot Be Used! (Which it looked best in!!)
It is to be appealing to both seasoned sailors and the general public.

View attachment 2133

Thoughts appreciated. Even though I can't change it at the moment!

Cheers,

Eva

I think you've done a very good job of that. Mainly because you've had to fit in that extra logo and to me that sounded like it was going to be a nightmare to make it work, but you've managed it and it doesn't even look particularly cluttered, which is what I feel was the challenge here over and above colours.

Good work.

Amanda

Back