Eye Catching?

OffalyPops

www.webbrewery.ie

I want your opinion on my home page. Is the dark grey colour too dark? You can suggest anything to make my website more eye-catching and I will take it into account. Thanks for reading.

It's incredibly slow loading and imo it doesn't really look like it's a company that does graphic design... I honestly thought it was online 'brewery' or alcohol supplier...

I have contacted my hosting company about the speed.

I do more web design than graphic design but I would like to know you're taught on how to make it better visually. I like the header and hero areas

As prior stated, @Levi, doesn't give you the feeling of a GD page, and the portfolio page looks a bit heavy on the eye... the "pipe effect" that's the problem. What's the Logo??? looks like a slush puppie cup, is it? Don't worry too much, Put your work out there and improve the website continuously. The fact of the matter is that you as a Graphic designer, never gonna be pleased with it, I'm not with mine either... but you get there!

Hey I have had a look at your website. First thing I noticed is that it takes a lot for the browser to load your main page, you probably have a lot of unnecessary coding or large file images. Secondly, the logo and the yellowish colours made me believe the website belonged to a fast food restaurant and not a designer. Also, there are some elements that are not middle aligned like the social media icons. Finally, don't forget to check your spelling! you wrote "Deigned" By Web Brewery, when it should be "Designed". Hope this helps and good luck!

www.webbrewery.ie

I want your opinion on my home page. Is the dark grey colour too dark? You can suggest anything to make my website more eye-catching and I will take it into account. Thanks for reading.
I have to say - this is not great....
Not sure if web design is your area - but I see you're in Ireland - and so am I.

I agree with @Andrés Gualdrón - it doesn't look like a web design - it looks more like where you might go get some beers sent out by the web rather than going for a shop - but then has a slurpy/coke drink in the logo.

It's not making much sense.
And as pointed out - even for web-holding pages - spelling is critical.

My advice would be get the content over to a design agency and get them to put it together for you.
You could probably partner with them - as web designers they probably have some requests for other work and you could work with them too.

This all begs the question; Why are you starting a company offering services when design is such a critical component, when you don’t understand design?

What is your background and experience?

From what I’ve seen, my thoughts, like others, are that you need to team up with a good designer – and one who gets branding. I would rethink your whole approach. As others have said, I only realised you weren’t an online brewery after I read comments here. Inititially, I looked at the first fold of the site and left. It just looked like a small brewery with an odd name that had made yet another DIY website. It is only after reading comments I went back and saw web services offered. My thoughts were the same; DIY website – but even worse, as you are selling websites to other people.

A writer/editor would help too.

Sorry, if that all sounds damning, but you’ll be competing in a saturated market against people who really know their stuff and also armies of people who don’t, but who think they do. Be in the first camp and know what your skills are and when to plug in others for the skills you don’t have,

As it stands, your website looks like another bedroom wannabe, I’m afraid.

Hope this helps and doesn’t deflate too much, but I think you have a bit of a hill to climb. Time to grab your sturdiest boots.

This all begs the question; Why are you starting a company offering services when design is such a critical component, when you don’t understand design?

What is your background and experience?

From what I’ve seen, my thoughts, like others, are that you need to team up with a good designer – and one who gets branding. I would rethink your whole approach. As others have said, I only realised you weren’t an online brewery after I read comments here. Inititially, I looked at the first fold of the site and left. It just looked like a small brewery with an odd name that had made yet another DIY website. It is only after reading comments I went back and saw web services offered. My thoughts were the same; DIY website – but even worse, as you are selling websites to other people.

A writer/editor would help too.

Sorry, if that all sounds damning, but you’ll be competing in a saturated market against people who really know their stuff and also armies of people who don’t, but who think they do. Be in the first camp and know what your skills are and when to plug in others for the skills you don’t have,

As it stands, your website looks like another bedroom wannabe, I’m afraid.

Hope this helps and doesn’t deflate too much, but I think you have a bit of a hill to climb. Time to grab your sturdiest boots.
Now, this is something! I am looking for ages for somebody to cut the crap and review my work without... being "gentle", and straight to the subject. Please Dude if you have spare time, I would love a review like this on mine. Not about what you like, but the rubbish things. I am as serious as I can... this is the only way you can improve.

Back