Edit 3d scanned textures

GudoGudo

I digitise art objects (sorry, I cannot show my work, they are from private collections) and I came to a problem that the scanner I use provides single texture map. which doesn't look good enough on render (I use PBR model). I usually just create new textures with Substance Painter (It belongs to Adobe now, so this is the right subforum, but I don't think it's the optimal workflow, It's difficult to make new textures to be absolute copy of original object, though it is important. I would be grateful if someone can help me to find out efficient way to edit 3d scanned textures to leave only pure colour data, which I will use as albedo map. I also have Photoshop.
I mentioned that I cannot show my own work, but
[link removed - Levi, moderator]
I hope that would be enough to form an impression.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Name the scanner being used please, I'll hopefully have some experience of it and then be able to give advice.

Well the issue you're going to have is that in all honesty it's pretty low resolution at 1.3mp texture resolutions and depending on what you're scanning the distance will also play a part.

Realistically without knowing more about what you're doing it's a bit hard to suggest 'improvements' but generally speaking resolution and speed you scan the object (ie you moving faster/slower) will have an impact.

Back