E-commerce that does this?

bigdave

Ok, soooo.... a couple of months ago I got lumbered with building an e-commerce site. We started off with woocommerce and all was going well until 3 weeks ago when the spec of the job changed to include allowing customers to upload and preview photos on various sized canvasses prior to ordering. I couldn't find a plugin that would allow this with woocommerce but Custom Product Preview for magento looked just the ticket and at $199 is quite reasonably priced.

Fast forward to the beginning of this week and I've just about got to grips with the Magento back end and how to 'tinker' with themes to get what I want out of it (on a local install). Regardless of how many times I've tried, I cannot get Magento to install on the company's host package. I've spent literally ALL week, uploading files, deleting files, running installers, searching forums but no joy! After about 20 odd emails between myself and the techy bloke at the company who's servers we use, he finally diagnoses the problem as being their servers running on windows, which Magento wont run on (could have told me this a few weeks ago!!). This means we're now back to square one!

Can anyone offer advice on an ecommerce platform that has a custom product editing type plugin (as in the link above) and will run on windows servers?

It would be possible to custom code the image uploading and viewing part in MODx and use Foxycart for the ecommerce side.

Change server?

The customer is buying their own hosting once the site is built but is apparently not going to do it until they've approved the final site (sounds fishy to me) so we're stuck using the Windows server which our IT company provide.

Back