Domain Name Help

CYoung

Hi, I have a website displaying my design work and I used to call it my 'company'. But I think I was naiive in thinking people would just pay for a design then let me e-mail them. So instead of just changing my site, i've gone for a total name change.

I have only been going a few months and thought it would be better to change now than so many months down the line.

So I have gone to my own name, YOUNG DESIGN. But the domain names are taken for that. I was looking for advice on whether you think it would be a good idea to quickly change my logo from YOUNG DESIGN to CJY DESIGN, as this is my other option. I also like the cjy name because it has more of a ring to it as strange as that sounds, more memorable?

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

CYoung

hmm, there are lots of freelancers using their name and I've got nothing against that but sometimes you might want to stand out from the crowd with perhaps your take on life or your approach to your business or how you do business/work.

But yes better to get it sorted first, depending on how long you want to stay in business for I would choose for that rather than just something which sounds ok atm as you are the one that has to live with it 10, 20 years on from now.
Not only that but what if you decide to sell the business later on (for whatever reason) and start up something else.

Just giving some open options there into the pot, at the end of the day you have to be happy with it now and in the future.

Be creative... be memorable

Hi CYoung

Forget the domain name issue for the minute and start to show your creativity in with your name. Young Design is OK but has no pizazz and CJY Design is from the realms of the trademans truck.

I would always recommend the memorable option especially for a creative company. Obviously I know zero about you, what you are about or what you offer, or even how you want to be perceived but those are the questions you need to ask yourself and if it is too hard to be objective bounce it off of us.

Try this one blind - Young-Star Creative - even without a logo design it is catchy and dynamic. Want to know where the inspiration came from? PM me.

ATB, Craig.

PS. If I have been any use to you and want to search/purchase your new domain, please visit Reliable UK carbon neutral web hosting for businesses and professionals | Industry Square - Not cheap, but not expensive. Reliable UK carbon neutral web hosting and domains.

Back