Discount Banner Printing, "incompetence" is the company motto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave

We used Discount Banner Printing about a year ago for a few hundred stickers and the results were good. However... Our most recent transaction can only be described as disgusting! Initially the Discount Banner Printing website attempted to charge me £20 more than the value of the order. Following a 2 day battle to actually speak to someone, the error was rectified..... Or so we though until we discovered that they'd swapped one balls up for another and had posted the print to an address 20 miles away. On collecting the printed stickers we then discovered that only 1/2 the job had been dispatched (god knows why) and what had been sent was wrong! The DBP website requests artwork to be sent with 6mm bleed so we obliged. Unfortunately the company's incompetence department must have been in charge (again) as, rather than follow the company's own artwork specification, they chose to shrink the supplied files to fit the space!!?

Following on from this mess, the company have stopped answering calls or emails! (Amazing customer service).

We've now also traced the other half of the order to the same wrong address (delivered 2 days later) and equally incompetently produced. This time the artwork is about the right size but the cutting is out by 20mm!!!

Has anyone else had the misfortune of stumbling into this shower of shite?

Last edited:
Sounds like a nightmare!

I would say that's what comes with using a discount supplier but they can sometimes provide a good option, so it sounds unfortunate - especially when you say that you've used them before with success.

I would say that's what comes with using a discount supplier.

Not saying you are wrong but companies that choose to compete on price rather than quality or customer service are still obliged to deliver an expected standard. Even if materials are of a lower quality than you might ideally like (which you can accept if you have a tight budget and know in advance what you are getting), messing up artwork when the customer has followed their own print specifications is really, really bad. Thanks for flagging them up bigdave, will avoid at all costs!

I do like their new tagline "Discount Banner Printing - Incompetence is at the heart of our business"...

Not saying you are wrong but companies that choose to compete on price rather than quality or customer service are still obliged to deliver an expected standard. Even if materials are of a lower quality than you might ideally like (which you can accept if you have a tight budget and know in advance what you are getting), messing up artwork when the customer has followed their own print specifications is really, really bad. Thanks for flagging them up bigdave, will avoid at all costs!

Oh agreed, completely. As I say, I have also used discount printers before for particular jobs and, to date, I haven't yet had a problem with it.

But at the same time, I'm sort of half expecting there to be a problem at some point. That doesn't make it acceptable, but just saying. :icon_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back