Designing letterheads, comp slips and business cards

dt24

Hi guys,

I am just finishing designing my business logo in Illustrator and wish to design my own letterheads, business cards and comp slips, what is the best way to do this?

Shall i use Illustrator and just set the canvas size as required? (A4 size for letterheads, 210mm x 99mm for comp slips and 91mm x 61mm for bus cards)

Is there anything else i need to take into consideration before sending them off to be printed?

Kind regards

I'd design them all on separate canvases, then you have the option of outputting them with crops and filename info etc.

Hi guys,

I am just finishing designing my business logo in Illustrator and wish to design my own letterheads, business cards and comp slips, what is the best way to do this?

Shall i use Illustrator and just set the canvas size as required? (A4 size for letterheads, 210mm x 99mm for comp slips and 91mm x 61mm for bus cards)

Is there anything else i need to take into consideration before sending them off to be printed?

Kind regards

cmyk workspace, and bleed. If your artwork bleeds off that is.

If you have any corporate colours that you're using as pantone shades, be sure to check how these come out on uncoated stock - letterheads are usually uncoated and this can have a massive impact on the appearance of colour.

If you have any corporate colours that you're using as pantone shades, be sure to check how these come out on uncoated stock - letterheads are usually uncoated and this can have a massive impact on the appearance of colour.

Thats why you have the different options in pantone - e.g. 872 C (for coated) and 872 U (for uncoated).

I usually design logos in Illustrator but I always produce stationery in InDesign. If you have it, I think ID would be a better option, but if not I'm sure Illustrator will be fine.

Back