Design portfolio and website feedback. Opinions?

Just kinda finished (still tweaking bits, footer etc) my first design portfolio website and blog.

Just looking for some feedback really on the portfolio itself and the website.

I'm looking for a Junior Designers vacancy, and have just started using wordpress so be gentle lol.

The Graphics Den

Cheers :D

I really like a lot of things about! the logo is really nice graphics are pretty good.
my biggest dislike is the layout.
is it the bigfeature theme?

I just feel like i've seen this layout soooo many times i'm bored to death of it.
the fact that it's overused at the face that it's trying to give me too much all at once (again the layouts fault rather than yours)

Thanks for the feedback Daytona

The theme itself is called Cotton.

What would you prefer to see on the front page layout wise?

I've got very limited coding knowledge hence me using a theme then modifying it. I've had suggestions to put more personality into it, do you agree with this?

Well don't worry I'm in the same boat and find coding sooo tedious.
here's my website which still needs a lot of work Tom Manning | Graphic Design Portfolio
I've been through wordpress themes, cargo, and now i'm on behance and have this behance prosite.

with your's it looks slick and professional - more so than mine - but to me it just lacks personality.

considering it's a 'portfolio' it should be all about you which i feel is there but hidden behind the theme and the name when what people want to know about is you!

that's just my two cents :icon_dunno:

Tbh I like coding just don't know enough of it yet, and is difficult when i'm constantly trying to work on my design skills.

Have you looked on the Behance prosite gallery for inspiration there are some great ones on there.

Yeah deffo gonna make it more personal

Thanks for the feedback

Back