Design Habits?

Esh

After discussing a random topic and ending up on habits, I thought I'd ask here what weird habits you may have that are related to design/business/money!

Mine?

- I can't spend 50ps. If I end up with any 50 pence pieces, they go straight into this tub. I hate them. I know that when I have a lot I can go and change them, but I can't stand them. I hate looking at them and having them in my purse!

- Everytime I visit a website, I HAVE to view the code...even though I'm not a web developer and don't understand a bit of it. :icon_confused:

- I don't scan sketches/logos etc onto the computer, I snap the pages my camera and upload...I don't think this is particularly strange but apparantly it is.

- When I do ideas for logos, I HAVE to time each one...Whether I spend 1 or 5 minutes on one, it has to be the same for the rest!

- I have various different software programs for each, vector, layout and image. When I complete a design in one, I MUST do it again, exactly the same in the others! I think this stems from my mission to prove that they're all capable of the same! :icon_dunno:

- Loads more...

Last edited:
I can't turn round in a full circle without a strange need to counteract it by turning the same amount in the opposite direction. My girlfriend thinks it's hilarious and she spots me doing it when we're shopping all the time.

Even if I'm playing a concole/PC game and I rotate the character or the camera, I have to rotate it back or I feel uncomfortable. I've always done this, since I was about 6 but I only noticed it was weird a few years back :p

- I can't spend 50ps. If I end up with any 50 pence pieces, they go straight into this tub. I hate them. I know that when I have a lot I can go and change them, but I can't stand them. I hate looking at them and having them in my purse!.

I do that with 1p's, 2p's and 5p's! Worthless on their own, but in a tub over the space of a month? Priceless!

Have you noticed many vending machines or car park ticket machines don't accept 1ps, 2ps or 5ps anyway? This is annoying since it's legal currency and SHOULD be accepted everywhere.

Some people say that there are SOME cash machines that contain fivers, but I've yet to see one. You probably have to put in a secret code, and do a weird handshake with it to get one out.

Some people say that there are SOME cash machines that contain fivers, but I've yet to see one. You probably have to put in a secret code, and do a weird handshake with it to get one out.

Or maybe the trick is you get out a tenner, spend some and you get a fiver back with some metal things... lol

Have you noticed many vending machines or car park ticket machines don't accept 1ps, 2ps or 5ps anyway? This is annoying since it's legal currency and SHOULD be accepted everywhere.

I just wish that car park ticket machines would accept five pound notes - at least the expensive ones that expect you to just have £7 of loose change on you, ridiculous.

After discussing a random topic and ending up on habits, I thought I'd ask here what weird habits you may have that are related to design/business/money!

Mine?

- I can't spend 50ps. If I end up with any 50 pence pieces, they go straight into this tub. I hate them. I know that when I have a lot I can go and change them, but I can't stand them. I hate looking at them and having them in my purse!

- Everytime I visit a website, I HAVE to view the code...even though I'm not a web developer and don't understand a bit of it. :icon_confused:

- I don't scan sketches/logos etc onto the computer, I snap the pages my camera and upload...I don't think this is particularly strange but apparantly it is.

- When I do ideas for logos, I HAVE to time each one...Whether I spend 1 or 5 minutes on one, it has to be the same for the rest!

- I have various different software programs for each, vector, layout and image. When I complete a design in one, I MUST do it again, exactly the same in the others! I think this stems from my mission to prove that they're all capable of the same! :icon_dunno:

- Loads more...

Ummm... sorry chap, but that's proper mentalist.
:icon_wink:

Back