Cutting a printed image into postcards

abigpig

I have an idea and I'm not sure how to do it in practice

Essentially, I want to make a postcard jigsaw, that is, divide a fairly big image (approx 1metre sq) into postcard sizes. The 50 or so postcards would all represent a section of the whole image.

The image is in pdf format.

What software would I use to section it up? Ideally it would create seperate files for each postcard and then I could just print them.

Any help appreciated,

Le Pig.

If the artwork is all set up in multiples of A6 (with a few millimetres lost for cutting) then I'd suggest this is a question for your printer who should be able to guillotine the 1m x 1m image into A6 (postcard) sized pieces.

I have an idea and I'm not sure how to do it in practice

Essentially, I want to make a postcard jigsaw, that is, divide a fairly big image (approx 1metre sq) into postcard sizes. The 50 or so postcards would all represent a section of the whole image.

The image is in pdf format.

What software would I use to section it up? Ideally it would create seperate files for each postcard and then I could just print them.

Any help appreciated,

Le Pig.

Hi there,

As for software I'm not 100% sure. An image that size we'd put through out Roland XC-540 6 colour inkjet and the RIP software for that has a tiling feature allowing you to specify how many tiles and their size, and as it's a Print/Cut machine would also cut them on the fly.

We've actually done 1 or 2 jobs like this in the past and the effect is quite good. As for one that would actually section the job up for you and create individual PDF's etc, I can't really help there!

Cheers.

Back