CSS to become obsolete?

bigdave

I read a blog post yesterday that outlined the premise that developers are using too many code languages to develop sites and that W3C were intending phasing CSS out altogether in favour of node.js to style HTML5.

Firstly is this just one of those thing that someone thought would make them sound like their at the cutting edge of web development?

Secondly, why use javascript to style a page?

Third, WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K?.. I've only just got to grips with CSS!!

I read a blog post yesterday that outlined the premise that developers are using too many code languages to develop sites and that W3C were intending phasing CSS out altogether in favour of node.js to style HTML5.

Firstly is this just one of those thing that someone thought would make them sound like their at the cutting edge of web development?

Secondly, why use javascript to style a page?

Third, WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K?.. I've only just got to grips with CSS!!

Don't worry about it, smells like bull crap to me.

I cant see it going away anytime soon. Have you seen some of the amazing things you can do with CSS3

It'd never happen, I mean, there's still "professionals" out there who develop sites using tables and inline values. Even if CSS was considered defunct, there'd still be a few stragglers continuing to use it :p

I cant see it going away anytime soon. Have you seen some of the amazing things you can do with CSS3

Yeah!.. I've been learning all sorts of exciting stuff recently... My new fave being a basic image slider using css transitions. :)

Back