Creating Desktop FTP Folder to your Website

Wrams

Here is a tutorial on how to access your websites hosting/CPanel through your Desktop. I know lots of people that do it this way.

Its the easiest and quickest way to update any Hosted website.

Heres the tutorial.

1. From the desktop, click on Start and then Computer.

2. Then, click on Map Network Drive.

3. From that screen, click Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures, and then click Next.

4. Click Choose a custom network location, and then click Next.

5. Enter the following in the Internet or network address field:

Example is ftp://ftp.yourdomain.com

6. Enter your ftp username and password when prompted.

Example is username: cpanel username and password is cpanel password you enter these details when prompted

Once you have done the above you can access your ftp for your domain in My Computer at the very bottom of page.

Then all you do is drag and drop your files that you want to upload into your folders on My Computer and it will upload them for you.

If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact me in this thread where i will assist you in creating your desktop FTP client.

This is very secure as you use your username and password that you do with your CPanel. Its just much much quicker and easier to use

Then all you do is drag/drop your required files into the section of Public_html folder in the relevant folder and your done. Then just refresh your browser by pressing CTRL and F5 together to master reboot your browser. This must be done when your browser is running your website that you have just uploaded to.

If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to assist.
Remember any problems just ask.

Last edited:
Can you do a map newwork drive on a MAC...? If so then yes.

You like this tutorial do you...?

If you can't work it out I'll find a tutorial and write it up for you OK> Keep watching just incase I find one. ;)

Back